Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Proofreading Articles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proofreading Articles..

Just to let you know I often enjoy reading the articles posted on this site. I will refer ppl to the page too. My gripe is that some of the articles need to be proofed . The grammar and spelling mistakes are a real turn off . There are 2 in particular I can remember, the interview with the Jamaican photographer and the present interview posted about Tivoli. Why Why Why dont ppl do a spell ck or have someone proof their writing?

Re: Proofreading Articles..

Haki,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Please post the links to the articles.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

http://www.jamaicans.com/articles/pr...Thompson.shtml
      di odda one was in nterview wid Ray Chen.. mi cya bodda look fi it..I emailed the interviewer on that one..Doan kno if im correct it ..
      i mus be ole or someting but dem cya separate written speech from street language??

Comment

Thanks.
        I'll look for the Ray Chen article. I don't believe the interviewer has access to edit after the article is published.
        7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

... and this isn't the first time the issue has been brought up. it was done some ten years ago, you'd think someone might add some caffeine to the coffee by now
          When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

who is responsible for proofing b4 posting or that step is missing ..
            it is annoying to be asked by others if ENGLISH is not the mother tongue in Jamaica..of course , there is nuttn wrong wid patwa ..but mi tink everyting have its place !
            Why we always a showcase di dunce dem? (ranting)

Comment

Haki,
              While I agree that it would be prudent to have someone proof read articles.. I don’t think I would agree that because someone has typos or may use “patwa” in their article we are showcasing the “dunce”. Humans do make mistakes – no?
              <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SueSumba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">... and this isn't the first time the issue has been brought up. it was done some ten years ago, you'd think someone might add some caffeine to the coffee by now </span> </div></div>And 10 years ago I had volunteered to proofread but never received any documents. I wouldn't have the time now - too busy.
                Show me your papers.
                sigpic

Comment

i have raised the issue of wat passes fi writing ...sometimes u haffi cringe fi tink smaddy write whe dem write n post it into posterity...if dem showcasing dem ambition to be writers ,dem doing demselves a disservice...
                  u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackStar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SueSumba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">... and this isn't the first time the issue has been brought up. it was done some ten years ago, you'd think someone might add some caffeine to the coffee by now </span> </div></div>And 10 years ago I had volunteered to proofread but never received any documents. I wouldn't have the time now - too busy. </div></div>

I dooded de sayme thyng, butt neveer gout a rezponze.

No, actually, I did send the Big Man an email and volunteered. He told me he would get back to me .... still waiting.
                    Don't believe everything you think.

If ignorance is bliss, why are more people not happy?

Comment

yu kno weh mi ah seh, Vannie..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have raised the issue of wat passes fi writing ...sometimes u haffi cringe fi tink smaddy write whe dem write n post it into posterity...if dem showcasing dem ambition to be writers ,dem doing demselves a disservice...

</div></div>

Comment

same standards deh pon Tv and at the Gleaner company...
                        maybe ah jus ole mi ole... and kratchity!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bink</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackStar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SueSumba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">... and this isn't the first time the issue has been brought up. it was done some ten years ago, you'd think someone might add some caffeine to the coffee by now </span> </div></div>And 10 years ago I had volunteered to proofread but never received any documents. I wouldn't have the time now - too busy. </div></div>

I dooded de sayme thyng, butt neveer gout a rezponze.

No, actually, I did send the Big Man an email and volunteered. He told me he would get back to me .... still waiting. </div></div>

Comment

I brought up the subject because mi tek some pride inna di Jacans dot com site and I think there is a solution...that it is fixable! Maybe I am being naive!
                          <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeNdY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haki,
                          While I agree that it would be prudent to have someone proof read articles.. I don’t think I would agree that because someone has typos or may use “patwa” in their article we are showcasing the “dunce”. Humans do make mistakes – no?
                          </div></div>

Comment

The buck stops here...Tried about everything with the proof-reading. I miss stuff, the interviewers miss stuff etc. I will revisit again to see if I can do better...no excuses. In the mean time if you see something please do not hesitate to email or PM.
                            Out of Many One People Online
                            http://www.jamaicans.com

Comment

mi wi apply fi di jab but mi want health dental cyar and housing expenses along wid ackee an saltfish fi breakfast every mawnin

oh wid coco tea and lifetime supply of yellow yam.

when mi can stawt
                              Friends don't let friends sleep alone
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuaX2xpAce0&amp;NR=1

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X