Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Dr Peter Phillips For Prime Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dr Peter Phillips For Prime Minister

before outlining his vision.

The first was wealth creation.

He promised to cut interest rates and reduce bureaucracy to ensure economic growth.

Wahalla: Cut interest rates ????? This would cause the dollar to free fall again unless they simply can increase the GDP. Which this government has failed to do. What will happen if this happens in run away inflation without any increase in GDP.. You mean after 17 years in power they are just now trying to makle government efficient…..

He vowed to walk the ends of the earth to seek investment.

Wahalla: And you mean they have not been doing this already ????? Who in their right mind would invest in wealth creating schemes in Jamaica that would recirculate the investment back into the local economy. The conditions for this simply don’t exist.

However at the same time, he stressed the need to create business opportunities for Jamaicans.

Wahalla: Coming for a man who takes pride in his participation in the PNP anti business regime in the 70’s I find this disengenoius to say the least.

He spoke to a vision of partnership. He gave the undertaking that he would play a significant role in nurturing the farming sector and small business community.

Wahalla: Farmer helping farmers don’t make me laugh.. Like the measly $100000.00 they invested in St Elizabeth afte the last hurricane. And who got the money any farmers you know????

Dr. Phillips promised to put idle lands in the hands of productive Jamaicans and he spoke of a vision of banishing illiteracy.

Wahalla: It is nice to know after 33 years Jamal was a failure.. And Land Lease as well as poltical sanctioned apture of land is a failure. There is no shortage of land available in Jamaica to Farm any body who wants land can find some body who will lend you land for free. My father did this for years.. Till some PNP activist told the people they did not have to leave. But this still goes on in the country and I know man young men who get a start this way. Keep the government buracrsay out of such arrangements. That would cut the buracrasey.. In stead present simple formats of contracts that can be signed between the leasee and leaser that gives protection to both. Not [censored] like this.

He asserted that his administration would complete the process of educational transformation.

Wahalla: What transformation. His administration has overseen a continous failure to educate. With boys being left behind at a greater rate.

He spoke to a system of rewards for teachers while penalizing those who failed to play their part.

Wahalla: Ah rite!

Dr. Phillips declared that his administration would find the resources to rescue the education system.

Wahalla: at 91 % of education buget going to pay salaries..

This includes changes to the curriculum and general environment of schools.

Wahalla: and here I was thinking that education curriculums were being constantly up dated. This simply illustrates the rigidity and banrupsy of education… And where will he find resources to improve general environment of schools. Does he not forget his proclamation of support for boarding schools the most inefficient use of educational resources.

He promised to bring the best retired teachers back to classrooms.

Wahalla: Is this simply not admitting that the training of teachers has been a failure ??? Should there not be simply an organic replacement of good teachers as other teachers retire .

Dr. Phillips, the current National Security Minister, spoke to an increased period of training for police.

He vowed to stamp out criminality and as he touched on the breakdown of the social fabric, he promised to change laws to hold parents of street children to book.

Wahalla: Well he never did that during his period as security minister why should he succedd at this when he is prime minister. Looking a Mr Gongs comment on his constituency, I would not make a man Prime Minister who is consolidating his constituency into a rotten borough…

What do I know I am but a simple dut farmer….
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      before outlining his vision.

The first was wealth creation.

He promised to cut interest rates and reduce bureaucracy to ensure economic growth.

Wahalla: Cut interest rates ????? This would cause the dollar to free fall again unless they simply can increase the GDP. Which this government has failed to do. What will happen if this happens in run away inflation without any increase in GDP.. You mean after 17 years in power they are just now trying to makle government efficient…..

He vowed to walk the ends of the earth to seek investment.

Wahalla: And you mean they have not been doing this already ????? Who in their right mind would invest in wealth creating schemes in Jamaica that would recirculate the investment back into the local economy. The conditions for this simply don’t exist.

However at the same time, he stressed the need to create business opportunities for Jamaicans.

Wahalla: Coming for a man who takes pride in his participation in the PNP anti business regime in the 70’s I find this disengenoius to say the least.

He spoke to a vision of partnership. He gave the undertaking that he would play a significant role in nurturing the farming sector and small business community.

Wahalla: Farmer helping farmers don’t make me laugh.. Like the measly $100000.00 they invested in St Elizabeth afte the last hurricane. And who got the money any farmers you know????

Dr. Phillips promised to put idle lands in the hands of productive Jamaicans and he spoke of a vision of banishing illiteracy.

Wahalla: It is nice to know after 33 years Jamal was a failure.. And Land Lease as well as poltical sanctioned apture of land is a failure. There is no shortage of land available in Jamaica to Farm any body who wants land can find some body who will lend you land for free. My father did this for years.. Till some PNP activist told the people they did not have to leave. But this still goes on in the country and I know man young men who get a start this way. Keep the government buracrsay out of such arrangements. That would cut the buracrasey.. In stead present simple formats of contracts that can be signed between the leasee and leaser that gives protection to both. Not [censored] like this.

He asserted that his administration would complete the process of educational transformation.

Wahalla: What transformation. His administration has overseen a continous failure to educate. With boys being left behind at a greater rate.

He spoke to a system of rewards for teachers while penalizing those who failed to play their part.

Wahalla: Ah rite!

Dr. Phillips declared that his administration would find the resources to rescue the education system.

Wahalla: at 91 % of education buget going to pay salaries..

This includes changes to the curriculum and general environment of schools.

Wahalla: and here I was thinking that education curriculums were being constantly up dated. This simply illustrates the rigidity and banrupsy of education… And where will he find resources to improve general environment of schools. Does he not forget his proclamation of support for boarding schools the most inefficient use of educational resources.

He promised to bring the best retired teachers back to classrooms.

Wahalla: Is this simply not admitting that the training of teachers has been a failure ??? Should there not be simply an organic replacement of good teachers as other teachers retire .

Dr. Phillips, the current National Security Minister, spoke to an increased period of training for police.

He vowed to stamp out criminality and as he touched on the breakdown of the social fabric, he promised to change laws to hold parents of street children to book.

Wahalla: Well he never did that during his period as security minister why should he succedd at this when he is prime minister. Looking a Mr Gongs comment on his constituency, I would not make a man Prime Minister who is consolidating his constituency into a rotten borough…

What do I know I am but a simple dut farmer….

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Analysis but it will be lost on most. As Maxine Henry-Wilson (who runs Dr. Phillips campaign team) said there are High Schools in Jamaica that could never lay claim to a CXC pass in ten years.

It follows that there are a lot of illiterate Jamaicans walking around, so anything over two lines long might be a stretch.

If you don't believe me read IMax's latest column.
      Whatever Lola wants .
      <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
      - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Phillips woos Patterson's delegates

Observer Reporter
        Monday, February 13, 2006

PEOPLE'S National Party presidential candidate Dr Peter Phillips took his campaign to the Eastern Westmoreland constituency of Prime Minister P J Patterson on Saturday, hailing the man who he wants to succeed as a visionary and exceptional leader.

Phillips said Patterson would have a special place in the modern political history of Jamaica for the far-reaching programmes he spearheaded during his years as prime minister and for his significant contributions to national development even before he become head of government.

Phillips told the campaign rally that he considered it an honour to be vying to replace Patterson and to have the support of the delegates in Eastern Westmoreland who have supported Patterson over the years.

There are about 50 accredited delegates in the constituency and the Peter Phillips Solid As a Rock Team is expecting majority support among them.

Phillips, who visited delegates in several communities, including Whitehouse, Lambs River and Darliston, was accompanied by the councillors for the Whitehouse, Bethel Town and Darliston divisions of the Westmoreland Parish Council, Oneil Anglin, Danree Delancy and Trevor Jamieson, respectively.

The presidential candidate was also a guest at the home of Senator Noel Monteith, who is a senior member of his Solid As a Rock team.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wanda if Tuffy know im.. If he does I would love to hear his impressions of the man... As both were members of 12 tribes (Personally I have a certain disdain for him, Phillips not Mr Gong!) </div></div>

LOL!
          <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
          - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X