Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Death rate in Jamaica Vs Death rate in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Death rate in Jamaica Vs Death rate in Iraq

Originally posted by RichD:
    [qb]
    Originally posted by neutral:
    [qb] This makes for frightening reading,$700 million alone treating violent related injuries,money that could have been diverted to more needy causes like education if Jamaican males werent so violent towards each other.

That is a very violent society,I cant imagine the despair, especially in the more volatile inner city ghettos of Kingston,must be extremely difficult trying to raise children,wondering everyday if they`re coming home. [/qb]
    One of the most telling comments i even heard was on a call in show in jamaica when a man from mountain view in expailing the situation said " round yah if yuh a nuh murderer dem sen yu go shop" so perkins asked him if he was a murderer his reply " no but my brother is so mi safe".... [/qb]
    What`s the significance of sending them to the shop Richd. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    bigger badder and browner !

Comment

[qb]
      [qb]
      [qb] This makes for frightening reading,$700 million alone treating violent related injuries,money that could have been diverted to more needy causes like education if Jamaican males werent so violent towards each other.

That is a very violent society,I cant imagine the despair, especially in the more volatile inner city ghettos of Kingston,must be extremely difficult trying to raise children,wondering everyday if they`re coming home. [/qb]
      One of the most telling comments i even heard was on a call in show in jamaica when a man from mountain view in expailing the situation said " round yah if yuh a nuh murderer dem sen yu go shop" so perkins asked him if he was a murderer his reply " no but my brother is so mi safe".... [/qb]
      What`s the significance of sending them to the shop Richd. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [/qb]
      "sen yuh go shop " means turn you into a little boy..a goffer
      When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

[qb]sen yuh go shop " means turn you into a little boy..a goffer [/qb]
        Lol,...There`s me thinking that the term meant there was a man or someone at the shop who would turn you into a murderer if you werent one

I think I`ve been away too long.
        bigger badder and browner !

Comment

Originally posted by BIGGAHVIEW.:
          [qb]
          Originally posted by remo:
          [qb] I dont know if we can compare the two countries
          there is an illegal war going on in iraq.

So how do we rationalize what a gwaan down a yard? [/qb]
          I did'nt know there was such a thing as legal war. [/qb]
          A war sanctioned by the U.N.....Perhaps
          You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

I am coming to marry in May next year. That now is in doubt. How sad for an island, its economy and its future, and all I did was type into google, 'murder jamaica'. The list of sites was long and made for astonishing reading. This is the BBC's report.....

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ world/americas/newsid [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. -Napleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by GranCanaria:
              [qb] I am coming to marry in May next year. That now is in doubt. How sad for an island, its economy and its future, and all I did was type into google, 'murder jamaica'. The list of sites was long and made for astonishing reading. This is the BBC's report.....

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ world/americas/newsid [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [/qb]
              Sorry to hear about your wedding plans. You still have time to choose another location like the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean or St. Lucia in the Caribbean.

BTW, your link doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar:
                [qb]
                [qb] I am coming to marry in May next year. That now is in doubt. How sad for an island, its economy and its future, and all I did was type into google, 'murder jamaica'. The list of sites was long and made for astonishing reading. This is the BBC's report.....

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ world/americas/newsid [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [/qb]
                Sorry to hear about your wedding plans. You still have time to choose another location like the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean or St. Lucia in the Caribbean.

BTW, your link doesn't work. [/qb]
                I suppose you will guarantee that she won't get murdered in the places you recommending.
                I am sure if you check the rate of murder against visitior in most of thos ecountries they are higher then that of Jamaica.
                Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

I am coming to marry in May next year. That now is in doubt. How sad for an island, its economy and its future, and all I did was type into google, 'murder jamaica'. The list of sites was long and made for astonishing reading. This is the BBC's report.....

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ world/americas/newsid [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  All things being equal, you ought to be ok in Jamaica, for the following reasons:

<ul type="square">[*]That level of violence is almost exclusively directed at fellow Jamaicans, and[*]The overwhelming majority of these cases occur in the KMR (Kingston-Metropolitan Region) - which is on the Southern side of the Island (the high-volume tourist region is on the Northern side)[*]The typical violence is not like the chaos of suicide bombers and random drive-bys, rather more like ongoing feuds between rival entities, or other criminal related activity (like protection rackets), hence the typical concentration in the KMR[*]As with any other area, you should assume that the country will have its share of issues like any other country, so you dont leave common sense at the airport...[/list]

Hope everything goes well for your nuptials [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  ---------------------------
                  Be Yourself &amp; Know Yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Wahalla:
                    [qb] Now finally a number.... Jamaicans last year were being murdered at a rate of 5 + per day... Iraqi are beign killed at 34 per day.....(Report off Sky News yesterday).... Jamaica has a higher murder rate than Iraq.... We have a population of 2 1/2 million... Iraq a population of 22 million.... [/qb]
                    thank you. been saying this since the beginning of the year. although i don't trust american figures. they would lie about civilian casualties.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X