Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Probation and Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation and Politics

Good vibes to all, I am a Canadian women who is trying to get my Jamaican baby father here to Canada. He has recently been charged with an assult on a man and received two years probation. Is it possible to either invite him to come to Canada to meet his son (5months) or could I possibly come to marry the man in the hopes that he would be able to come to Canada. My question is if you are on probation in Jamaica can you come to Canada? I need to know if I am wasting my time or should I try to make this visit happen?

Re: Probation and Politics

receptivereds welcome to the board and please let me transfer your thread to jamaicaholics where you may get some assistance with your questions.
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

i think he might fall under the canadian criminally inadmissible category
      When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think he might fall under the canadian criminally inadmissible category </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing. I think if he is a convicted criminal he may be out of luck.
        It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away.

Comment

not to mention during probation dem haffi chek een an be checked on...kind of hard from Canada fi di yaad probation officer...

an of course, him having a record, not di singing kind, all but eliminate him from any visa unda current runnings...
          u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think he might fall under the canadian criminally inadmissible category </div></div> *nless since it is probation,his attorney can take up th ecase again to the judge and get him an order to squash it, if that is not already a part pof the present order. It can be so done to expunge it from his record if he does some other act as directed by the courts.
            like counsel students about violence or some other community program.
            Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to mention during probation dem haffi chek een an be checked on...kind of hard from Canada fi di yaad probation officer...

an of course, him having a record, not di singing kind, all but eliminate him from any visa unda current runnings... </div></div> probation is never set in stone. from you can give a man probation,it mean you realize that he is able to be corrected, without removing hi9 from civization.
              Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

Inadmissibility
                Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.

Criminal inadmissibility
                If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.

Criminal offences include both minor and serious offences, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code.

If you were convicted of a crime when you were under the age of 18, you can probably still enter Canada.

SOURCE - Citizenship & Immigration
                http://www.jamaicans.com/bm~pix/a4064~s200x200.gif
                in Memory of Marcia “Ackeegirl” Davidson

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X