Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

"There was a lot of loud praying going on!" - Jet Blue passenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There was a lot of loud praying going on!" - Jet Blue passenger

"There was a lot of loud praying going on!" - Jet Blue passenger

9:19 am, Tue April 1, 2014

Safely back on the ground, passengers aboard the Jet Blue aircraft that made an emergency landing at Norman Manley International Airport are giving thanks for their survival and have showered praise on the pilot and other members of the flight crew.
    Five passengers are being treated for injuries, one a broken leg, sustained while being evacuated from the plane. The others were taken to hospital with back and ankle injuries.
    Loud praying
    “There was a lot of loud praying going on and I think people were beginning to brace themselves for the situation; individuals were having panic attacks,” one passenger reported. “The pilot did a great job; I can’t over emphasise that!” he stressed.
    It's reported that, about 15 minutes into the flight, the pilot detected smoke coming from one of the aircraft's engines. He returned the plane to the airport for an emergency landing.
    Calm crew
    “The crew was very good,” another passenger proclaimed. He and his fellow passengers took their cues from the flight crew. “They were very calm, so that helped us to be calm,” he added.
    Emergency chutes were deployed for passengers to exit the plane and the airport's emergency teams were activated.
    The injured passengers on board the flight to Fort Lauderdale were taken to Kingston Public Hospital and Andrews Memorial Hospital. The other 98 passengers were accommodated overnight at hotels in the Corporate Area.
    Inspection
    The aircraft remained on the runway for two hours to facilitate an inspection. Alfred McDonald, Senior Director, Commercial Development & Planning, at Norman Manley International Airport, told RJR News that further checks are being carried out on the aircraft:.
    “The airline is doing an assessment of the aircraft, and I suspect they will be able to complete their assessment later today and determine when that aircraft will be able to get going again.”

u so fake, even China denied mekking u

I don't know what upsets me more, the aircraft problem or the poorly written article describing the emergency return to the airport.
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

I wonder how the use of the emergency exit went. Passengers aren't supposed to take anything other than maybe a purse or personal item when exiting the plane. Ms Mavis prolly fret all night bout har fry fish and frozen ackee she had in her carry-on.
      7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Peppa
        JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Comment

“Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

i was wondering weh yuh was going wid the emergency chute tingy

and then mi see the fish

i can just imagine nuff people never want to leave dem tings

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
            I wonder how the use of the emergency exit went. Passengers aren't supposed to take anything other than maybe a purse or personal item when exiting the plane. Ms Mavis prolly fret all night bout har fry fish and frozen ackee she had in her carry-on.
            “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X