Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

My wife and I want to experience Jamaica in 2009. We will probably want to go to a Sandals resort on the Island. We are looking for an all inclusive vacation.
    I was wondering which Sandals resort on the island is the vacationers favorite?
    An intimate setting would be nice, although I know there will be lots of people around. Just not looking for the biggest resort on the island. Dont want to see half of everyone there drunk. Although I will have my share of drinks too...LOL
    Is there other all inclusive places to stay that we need to consider?
    We would love to go in the winter months when its cold & snowy here in Iowa, but I`ve heard that are your rainy months? And what is the average air & water temp in the winter compaired to the summer?
    We picked the winter partialy because I thought maybe the summer might be humid there.
    Not looking to spend a fortune here, just the best bang for the buck in a beautiful setting.
    Thanks

Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Welcome to the boards Yo Mama

I will transfer your post to the discover jamaica forum where many will be able to help you with their jamaica experiences
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

my favorite is Sunset at the Palms

http://www.sunsetatthepalms.com/

Sandals is over rated to me - IMHO and expensive

there are loads of hotels and plenty of food everywhere

all inclusive doesn't have to be your first choice

also check this - Catcha Falling Star

http://www.catchajamaica.com/

and the new hopping spot is Blue Cave Castle

http://www.bluecavecastle.com/

there are restaurants and food for 7-miles on the beach

and then more restaurants and food on One Love Drive (West End)

enjoy!

oh - now you owe us a trip report

Comment

oh and don't forget to take the map with you!

http://alink.com/personal/liz/negril...a_Map_2008.pdf

Comment

Hi YoMoma, welcome to Jamaicans.com!

The resort you choose kinda depends on what you like to do, how long you'll be there, what kind of day trips you'd consider (if any)....

There are all inclusives (AI) for all tastes and budgets....

Rain is really not an issue in Jamaica....sure, you might get an hour or so a couple of afternoons, but it's nothing to worry about...

Air and water temps are pretty temperate year round...

Summer is not so much humid as just hot....do what my Jamaican friends do and sit in the shade! ... I was in Negril just a week or so ago, and the weather there was cooler than it was here in NY ...

Give us some details and you'll get a bunch of answers....
          Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi YoMoma, welcome to Jamaicans.com!

The resort you choose kinda depends on what you like to do, how long you'll be there, what kind of day trips you'd consider (if any)....

Give us some details and you'll get a bunch of answers.... </div></div>

Ok, the trip will be 4 to 6 days. My wife has never been on an ocean beach (imagine that... from Iowa) and it`s been a long time for myself I might add, so we will spend some time at the beach most every day.
            When it comes to day trips, I havent looked into those yet. I`m sure there are lots to do in Jamaica. And we will get out at least 3 days for day trips. Any ideas?
            But really would like the lodging, food, drinks to be all inclusive. This would be our first trip away from the states and we would feel better (less stress for us) if it was all included.

Comment

Well if your wife has never been to the sea, than I'd say go to Negril...the beach there is great and you're less than a 90 minute drive from the airport....I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about the AI places but if you look at the map that Seveen linked above, you'll see that most of the larger AI places are at the very north of Negril on Bloody Bay...Couples, RIU, Grand Lido I hear is very nice....there are also some smaller properties further south on Long Bay that are AI...I believe Merril's I, II &amp; III are AI...

there are plenty of day trips to do from Negril: waterfalls, Appleton factory, Black River tour, etc...there's also live reggae bands somewhere on Long Bay every nite....

Comment

Perhaps the Grand Pineapple (formerly Negril Gardens) would work for you!

www.grandpineapplebeachresort.com

Comment

Comment

The last time I went to Jamaica, me and my fiance stayed at Sandal's Ocho Rios, and it was the best time either of us has ever had. The great thing (to me) about an all inclusive is that everything is covered. No worrying about how much your bar tab is going to be, or if you've got enough cash for the last couple of days of your trip. The food was great, everyone that worked there was great, the beach was great, the drinks were great, the weather was great.

I live in America, but my heart stayed in Jamaica.
                    Reason #1 why I love Jamaica:

Me: Excuse me, do you know what time it is?
                    Lynx: It's daytime, mon. Soon come nighttime, den it be daytime again.

Comment

Seveen
                      What place is featured in your pics?
                      If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                      We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Sunset at the Palms

i'm going to stay there for my honeymoon

NOT

Comment

SATP's rooms are across the street from the beach, aren't they?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SATP's rooms are across the street from the beach, aren't they? </div></div>

yes it is across the street from the beach - they have &quot;lollipop girls&quot; - crossing guards - to help folks get across the street

Comment

If you choose Ochi, please you must stay here.....

The RIU
                              “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X