Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

I like the Sunset at the Palms Resort. Looks beautiful, intimate and I like the idea of a resort with a large garden area. I would like to see stuff like that. To see what the native trees and fauna look like while I`m there. Cornfields just dont do it for me...LOL
    But does the resort being across the road from the beach take away from resorts luster?
    And as a bonus, seven mile beach looks promising for a good walk with things to do along the way.
    But besides looking for a AI resort, we would like it to be adults only. So that rules out The RIU.

Comment

suh oonu wan guh deh fi bi nasty
      “I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.”

Comment

LOL, naw not nasty, just want a vacation with no children at the resort.
        Any other AI resorts along seven mile beach?

Comment

My 1st trip to Jamaica was to an AI (not a chain) in Negril. The beach is beautiful in Negril but can be packed. There are a lot of people selling things. It is great to be able to walk along the beach to the beach bars etc.

I have nothing against Ochie but don't really know the beaches there (when I stayed ther we went to beaches in Runaway Bay). I found I did not get bothered by hustlers as much in Ochie as in Negril (except at the craft market and Dunns River falls).
          My brother hated Sandals in Ochie (but he probably would have not liked most big AI's as he does not drink and really wanted to relax, fish and smoke weed)

I have never stayed in a Sandals. I did visit Sandals Whitehouse for a day (free pass) The place was beautiful (but not really my cup of tea). The food was ok but I think it's sort of watered down to please tourist (I prefer authentic local food. The staff were very nice. The service was excellent. The liquor was top shelf. But, I think the place is very $$$. The beach was large and not as packed as Negril.

I'm not a fan of AI's but it may not be a bad idea for a first trip.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, naw not nasty, just want a vacation with no children at the resort.
            Any other AI resorts along seven mile beach? </div></div>

2 RUI's
            Couples Swept Away
            Beaches - i think they allow kids tho'
            Hedonism
            Grand Lido

also check

Charela Inn
            Idle Awhile
            Catcha Falling Star - abfab place on the cliffs

i can never justify the cost of the A/I knowing what food and drink costs in jamaica - and the plethora of places to eat up and down 7-mile beach

i also recommend reading reviews on Trip Advisor . . .

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, naw not nasty, just want a vacation with no children at the resort.

2 RUI's
              Couples Swept Away
              Beaches - i think they allow kids tho'
              Hedonism
              Grand Lido

also check

Charela Inn
              Idle Awhile
              Catcha Falling Star - abfab place on the cliffs

i can never justify the cost of the A/I knowing what food and drink costs in jamaica - and the plethora of places to eat up and down 7-mile beach

i also recommend reading reviews on Trip Advisor . . .

I have to agree (re the cost of AI's). I don't spend all my time at the resort. So I feel like I'm payng for food and drinks twice. But a lot of 1st timers are more comfortable with AI's.

</div></div>

Comment

one of the top spots in negril right now - perfection

Comment

this place is getting great press too

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, naw not nasty, just want a vacation with no children at the resort.

</div></div>

I see by the maps that Seven mile beach does have alot to do and eat there on the beach. So your saying to food and drink are cheap?
                    Finding a new restarant every meal would be nice but I`m not sure I want to be hassled by salesman every time I get on the beach in search of my next meal.
                    The Castle looks interesting, but my wife thinks it looks like something that belongs at Disney World.
                    I will look more at places other than AI, but I`m really not sure how much I could spend If I have to pay as I go.

Comment

all the resorts will take care of you royally - they all offer all inclusive - or at least breakfast

out of the all inclusive

breakfast - $3.50

lunch - $5 - 8

dinner - $8 - depending on what you want - lobster, crab, conch

Comment

blue cave castle is better than DISNEY

no wait in line

and the chef brings the food to your room!

when you go you know

just trying to get you the real experience

and save your DoSH - (money)

the &quot;higglers&quot; are a great learning lesson

they helped me sell $1,000,000 in software

you can learn something everyday

Comment

Another AI on the beach is Couples Swept Away. Not huge like some, and on the main beach so you can walk down and check out the bars and such if you want to.
                          Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

check out the trip report section

leonardito stayed at the new spanish resorts

and confirmed what i heard

if you go in there blindfolded

you would think you're in spain

so i guess you can go to spain in jamaica these days

oh - sandals whitehouse is the newest

i hear the sandal in negril

are looking &quot;used&quot;

just keep doing your research

if you want upscale upscale

go to THE CAVES . . .

Comment

Basically looking for good value, a few restarants on property and a bar or 2. Gotta have a swim up bar too. Never ordered a drink that way.
                              Would like it to be on the beach somewhere on Seven Mile so it would be easy to walk up and down looking for a different meal or drink once in a while.

Comment

to be completely honest here...there are waaaaay too many awesome restaurants in Negril to bother with going AI. So it boils down to drinks? Pick up a few bottles of real booze and mix your own. It's much better that way, and if you want some specialty cocktails like dirty bananas etc a few places offer versions which stand out from the pack.

most AI experiences are fairly generic- don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a p!ss all over them, but for romantic options I'd be looking somewhere else.

why not Idle A While or something which is a scion of the AI but more boutique.
                                a noble stroke he lifted high that hung not but swift with tempest fell On Satan's proud crest- no sight nor swift thought, less could his shield such ruin intercept; 10 paces huge he back recoil'd...

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X