Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adriaclark
    replied
    Re: Sandals Resorts in Jamaica

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I
    But besides looking for a AI resort, we would like it to be adults only. So that rules out The RIU. </div></div>

I worked at Swept Away (now Couples) in Negril and to me looks like the place you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I`m only 3 hours from Chicagos O`Hara. I`d use that airport if it were to save me a few dollars.
    Here is another option a little bit away from the more luxurieus Sandals and Breezes resorts. What about an AI hotel on seven mile beach? I`m talking about Sea Wind Resort. I got an e-mail from them stating that for my wife and I it would only cost us $220 per day for AI and room. I know they dont have a pool. And only 1 resterant and bar, but by being on Seven Mile beach maybe we can eat and drink elsewhere a couple of nights. Anyone familiar with this resort? The reviews on trip adviser are all good.
    I was also told an air Jamaica flight costs much less than any other carrier. Any truth to that? </div></div>

Seawind is nice

just go for the room

plenty of food around - within an easy walk - reasonable food - excellent food

if you really like the food at Seawind and decide not to eat around - you can upgrade to food on-site

have fun - jamaica is no problem

Leave a comment:

• jamaica_dreamin
    replied

IMHO the AI's food can not compare to the food you can get in some of the local places. (at least the 2 AI's that I have eaten in)

Leave a comment:

• rudemonk
    replied

you can eat fabulous food for like, 5-10 maybe 15 bucks a meal. 25 or more if you want to splurge for a very nice dinner.

I'm not much of a regular beer guy myself- I like Chimay. But for the life of me I can't imagine a bud light guy not getting along with red stripe light.

AIs have their benefits, I guess it depends on how much you like food.

Leave a comment:

• YoMoma
    replied

I`m only 3 hours from Chicagos O`Hara. I`d use that airport if it were to save me a few dollars.
    Here is another option a little bit away from the more luxurieus Sandals and Breezes resorts. What about an AI hotel on seven mile beach? I`m talking about Sea Wind Resort. I got an e-mail from them stating that for my wife and I it would only cost us $220 per day for AI and room. I know they dont have a pool. And only 1 resterant and bar, but by being on Seven Mile beach maybe we can eat and drink elsewhere a couple of nights. Anyone familiar with this resort? The reviews on trip adviser are all good.
    I was also told an air Jamaica flight costs much less than any other carrier. Any truth to that?

Leave a comment:

• zzyzx-road
    replied

Checking rates from Iowa (DSM) for a 5nt stay in late January. The following resorts will be in the $2500-$2700 total range for two. Jamaica Grande in Ochy, Breezes Runaway Bay, also Sunset Beach in Mobay. Sandals Grande Ochy has a 6 nt special which should come in around $3000.00 Sunset Jamaica Grande, best location to experience the local flavour of the island in Ocho Rios area. There will be kids but not that many in JAN. Someone will come along and give you info on all the side trips and nightspots in and around Ochy, z-road.

Leave a comment:

• YoMoma
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zzyzx-road</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do not go to a 2/3 star property since you will not get your money's worth. Give us a budget (realistic) and we will narrow it down. </div></div>

I`d say 2 to 3 grand tops including airfare. Which would give us a shorter trip than I`d like if we went AI. Idealaly we would like to spend maybe 6 days there.
    If we went AI, we may go elsewhere than Seven Mile beach area. Id love to see and experience it, but I`d be too afraid of spending the $$$ for AI but spend too much time away from it buying drinks and food. Just wasting the $$$ I spend for AI.

Leave a comment:

• sistactry
    replied

<span style="font-weight: bold">Avoid Hedo especially if you go to church on Sundays</span>

if i laaf i ded,

sooo true, really sickening tings dem ppl deh gwaan wid~~

Leave a comment:

• zzyzx-road
    replied

I work in the travel industry and send over 200 people to Jamaica every year. Sounds like an All-Inclusive is what you really want and can still do the off-property things. Ironwolf has some good ideas so it all comes down to price. Avoid Hedo especially if you go to church on Sundays. Do not go to a 2/3 star property since you will not get your money's worth. Give us a budget (realistic) and we will narrow it down.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied

Hey Momma, I only stay at the all inclusives. I wouldn't have it any other way. I've been to Sandals Ocho, Beaches Grand Sport, Grand Lido, Hedo, Breezes. Couples Ocho and Couples Negril. Some more then once for a total of thirteen visits to Jamaica all-inclusives....Bang for the buck? I always go back to Couples. Service and food is excellent and drinks top shelf and NO KIDS RUNNING A MUCK! Couples Tower Isle formerly Couples Ocho has just did a 22 million dollar rehab with the resort reopening in December....I've been there four times.
    Did I mention the Island at Tower Isle? Check it out....lot's of fun....Jamaica gets a lot of rain. Winter time is the dry season(if there is one) in Jamaica with February being the month with the least amount of rain fall. October is the worst month for precip.....Me? I prefer January and February.

Be advised. Most here are anti-all inclusive so take thier advise with a grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

• YoMoma
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically looking for good value, a few restarants on property and a bar or 2. Gotta have a swim up bar too. Never ordered a drink that way.
    Would like it to be on the beach somewhere on Seven Mile so it would be easy to walk up and down looking for a different meal or drink once in a while. </div></div>

if u want to go now, Sandals offering free flight wid 30% off to come stay at a Sandals property...check wid dem booking agency </div></div>

I`ve noticed these offers, but sadly my finances say wait till next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to be completely honest here...there are waaaaay too many awesome restaurants in Negril to bother with going AI. So it boils down to drinks? Pick up a few bottles of real booze and mix your own. It's much better that way, and if you want some specialty cocktails like dirty bananas etc a few places offer versions which stand out from the pack.

most AI experiences are fairly generic- don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a p!ss all over them, but for romantic options I'd be looking somewhere else.

why not Idle A While or something which is a scion of the AI but more boutique. </div></div>

I`m not discounting a non AI hotel, but I`m not sure how much I would spend paying for food and drinks for 2 in Negril. I`m a beer drinker myself but I doubt I`ll find Bud Light anywhere on Seven Mile Beach unless Margaritaville has em. So I will try Red Stripe, see what I think. Other than that I like Daqueries. A dirty banana sounds intreguing though.

Leave a comment:

• evanovitch
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically looking for good value, a few restarants on property and a bar or 2. Gotta have a swim up bar too. Never ordered a drink that way.
    Would like it to be on the beach somewhere on Seven Mile so it would be easy to walk up and down looking for a different meal or drink once in a while. </div></div>

if u want to go now, Sandals offering free flight wid 30% off to come stay at a Sandals property...check wid dem booking agency

Leave a comment:

• ohliz
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pepper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically looking for good value, a few restarants on property and a bar or 2. Gotta have a swim up bar too. Never ordered a drink that way.
    . </div></div>

Gotta love that swim up bar. Nothing like sitting in the water and having a drink. </div></div>

Travellers has one. You don't even have to be a guest to swim up and drink at it

Leave a comment:

• Pepper
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YoMoma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Basically looking for good value, a few restarants on property and a bar or 2. Gotta have a swim up bar too. Never ordered a drink that way.
    . </div></div>

Gotta love that swim up bar. Nothing like sitting in the water and having a drink.

Leave a comment:

• rudemonk
    replied

to be completely honest here...there are waaaaay too many awesome restaurants in Negril to bother with going AI. So it boils down to drinks? Pick up a few bottles of real booze and mix your own. It's much better that way, and if you want some specialty cocktails like dirty bananas etc a few places offer versions which stand out from the pack.

most AI experiences are fairly generic- don't get me wrong, I'm not taking a p!ss all over them, but for romantic options I'd be looking somewhere else.

why not Idle A While or something which is a scion of the AI but more boutique.

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X