Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Grand Palladium??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny1833
    replied
    Re: Grand Palladium??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kojak and Lucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is beginning to sound like the &quot;other&quot; board I say whatever makes you happy... </div></div>

what makes me happy is going back to Jamaica...we missed last year!!

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1833
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R00TS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone been there? I read there were some problems but things seem to be leveling out now...and great prices!! Anyone know how long it would take to get to Negril? And do route taxis go from GP to NEgril and back? We HAVE to stay at an AI due to physical limitations of parents. TIA </div></div>

Hope I didnt derail your thread, nothing implied personally SunnyD.
    SOO Welcome to the board. I like your name.

Yes on the rt taxis. You'll have to walk away from the prperty though when leaving and tell the stationed drivers your looking for a route taxi. </div></div>

Roots...you didn't derail anything.and I diodn't take anything personally....since we don't know each othr ow could it be personal..I believe every one has a right to their opinion..I am glad that Jamaica has something for every one. Whether it's a small locally owned hotel or guesthouse, or a GP and.... everything in between....we have stayed in hotels such as Toby's right up to Tryall.....if it just us, we might not have chose GP....but then again we might have (the price is right for sure)...I am just greatful we can take my parents and allow them the comforts of a luxury resort.....thanks for the info about the route taxi ..my DH and I hope to take off to Negril for a day and bring back patties and coco bread and real jerk and hopefully some other real jamaican foods that will not be the 'real' thing at the hotel. Thanks about my name....

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1833
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nothing says Jamaica like a big cold glass of sangria </div></div>

After spending nuff time on a travel advice forum, I've come to the conclusion that many people really don't care to experience the culture of the country they are visiting....they want opulence, luxury and separation from any poverty that may be apparent in the country.....

Guess that pretty muc sums up what all the Spanish resorts, in Jamaica, are all about.

Definately NOT my cup of tea, but each to his own. </div></div>

Well that is not us..I have seem and experienced the poverty of Jamaica for many years..and I have also experienced the proud people who would be extremely hurt if they thoguht we looked at them as impoverished. This is not our first trip to Jamaica...usually we stay in Runaway Bay because it is less touristy....however, IMO opulance and luxury are not bad things...LOL...and since my aged parents are going, an AI was the best choice..and they have earned staying at a luxury resort..so I make no apologies for booking GP/LH

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1833
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope you speak Spanish . . . </div></div>

Seveen...I do, however I am not sure what you mean? Please explain TIA </div></div>

during my july trip i had a conversation with an inn owner - she told me that if they took you from the airport to the hotel - blindfolded - when you took the blindfold off inside the hotel you would think you were in Spain - decorations, wine, language, service staff

there was a trip report about the iberostar hotel - check ja trip reports - i asked if that hotel felt like being in Spain - and the trip reporter confirmed that feeling

so let us know . . . . </div></div>

I will...I have seen recent photos and the Lady Hamilton side is less spanish looking that the GP side.....and the service people are Jamaican....hopefully it will be a mix of the best of both worlds

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1833
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope you speak Spanish . . . </div></div>

Seveen...I do, however I am not sure what you mean? Please explain TIA </div></div>

Seveen is probably referring to the fact that the place is owned by some Spanish corporation, which means that most of the profits will go back to Spain rather than staying in Jamaica....

</div></div>

Ok....however I am glad that the hotel was built bringing more jobs to Jamaica..

Leave a comment:

• Kojak and Lucky
    replied

This is beginning to sound like the &quot;other&quot; board I say whatever makes you happy...

Leave a comment:

• R00TS
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone been there? I read there were some problems but things seem to be leveling out now...and great prices!! Anyone know how long it would take to get to Negril? And do route taxis go from GP to NEgril and back? We HAVE to stay at an AI due to physical limitations of parents. TIA </div></div>

Hope I didnt derail your thread, nothing implied personally SunnyD.
    SOO Welcome to the board. I like your name.

Yes on the rt taxis. You'll have to walk away from the prperty though when leaving and tell the stationed drivers your looking for a route taxi.

Leave a comment:

• R00TS
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've come to the conclusion that many people really don't care to experience the culture of the country they are visiting....they want opulence, luxury and separation from any poverty that may be apparent in the country.....

Guess that pretty muc sums up what all the Spanish resorts, in Jamaica, are all about.

</div></div>
    now playing devils ad...Do you think they would come at all if not for the massive luxuries and guarded gates?

or maybe they like to play dress up for eac other and see the latest fashins from other parts of the world?

and while were going that far the men that like these places also like to sit around large pools and take in the 100's of bikinis. Many people many reasons.

Leave a comment:

• R00TS
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nothing says Jamaica like a big cold glass of sangria </div></div>

1st laff today. ty, ty very much

Leave a comment:

• Ja. Jewel
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nothing says Jamaica like a big cold glass of sangria </div></div>

After spending nuff time on a travel advice forum, I've come to the conclusion that many people really don't care to experience the culture of the country they are visiting....they want opulence, luxury and separation from any poverty that may be apparent in the country.....

Definately NOT my cup of tea, but each to his own.

Leave a comment:

• DiamondDave
    replied

nothing says Jamaica like a big cold glass of sangria

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope you speak Spanish . . . </div></div>

during my july trip i had a conversation with an inn owner - she told me that if they took you from the airport to the hotel - blindfolded - when you took the blindfold off inside the hotel you would think you were in Spain - decorations, wine, language, service staff

there was a trip report about the iberostar hotel - check ja trip reports - i asked if that hotel felt like being in Spain - and the trip reporter confirmed that feeling

so let us know . . . .

Leave a comment:

• DiamondDave
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SunnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope you speak Spanish . . . </div></div>

Seveen is probably referring to the fact that the place is owned by some Spanish corporation, which means that most of the profits will go back to Spain rather than staying in Jamaica....

Leave a comment:

• Sunny1833
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seveen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope you speak Spanish . . . </div></div>

Seveen...I do, however I am not sure what you mean? Please explain TIA

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

i hope you speak Spanish . . .

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X