Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Daily Bread-Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Bread-Jamaica

<span style="font-weight: bold">Jamaica is mentioned in todays Daily Bread</span>

Among the wonders of Jamaica is a body of water called Luminous Lagoon. By day, it is a nondescript bay on the country’s northern coast. By night, it is a marvel of nature.

If you visit there after dark, you notice that the water is filled with millions of phosphorescent organisms. Whenever there is movement, the water and the creatures in the bay glow. When fish swim past your boat, for example, they light up like waterborne fireflies. As the boat glides through the water, the wake shines brightly.

The wonder of God’s creation leaves us speechless, and this is just a small part of the total mystery package of God’s awesome handiwork as spelled out in Job 37 and 38. Listen to what the Lord’s role is in nature’s majesty: “Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes His lightning flash?” (37:15 niv); “What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?” (38:19 niv). God’s majestic creations—whether dazzling lightning or glowing fish—are mysteries to us. But as God reminded Job, all of the wonders of our world are His creative handiwork.

When we observe God’s amazing creation, our only response can be that of Job: These are “things too wonderful for me” (42:3). — Dave Branon

All things bright and beautiful,
    All creatures great and small,
    All things wise and wonderful;
    The Lord God made them all. —Alexander

When we cease to wonder, we cease to worship.
    Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Re: Daily Bread-Jamaica

People ask me.....why do you keep going back there, haven't you seen everything....and no I haven't, and this is one of the places I have been saving....someday I am going there.
    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

Miss M, that place is about 5 miles from where I live....if &amp; when you decide to go there, please make a stop at Jamaica Jewel for a drink &amp; a chat before you do the Lagoon.
      Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
      j&#97;&#109;a&#105;&#99;a&#46;&#106;e&#119;&#101;l &#64;&#121;a&#104;&#111;o&#46;&#99;o&#109;

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Miss M, that place is about 5 miles from where I live....if &amp; when you decide to go there, please make a stop at Jamaica Jewel for a drink &amp; a chat before you do the Lagoon. </div></div>

So funny you should mention that as you are on my to do list also, it;s just that I have given the Ochii side a rest for a while.
        IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

The lagoon is very cool. Don't go on a full moon as the effects are much less. I didn't know I was going or I may have brought a swimming suit but it was big fun just looking down at the swimmers from the boat and watching moving water and anything else light up!

We brought home a bottle of the magic water but it didn't light up the next night. Not for those of us who were sober at least!

Comment

any pics? and where exactly is this phenomenon?
            <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

I've been twice. First time was best because it was a cloudy night.

Located just outside Falmouth.

(not one of my pics)

Link
              It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sammy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                When we observe God’s amazing creation, our only response can be that of Job: These are “things too wonderful for me” (42:3). — Dave Branon

</div></div>
                Great photo Milo
                Keep the faith . .

Comment

Lil Sammy had a ball swimming in the water. It truly is amazing and worth the trip.
                  Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

as nice as that sounds mi nah swim inna nuh watah a night time
                    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _______</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as nice as that sounds mi nah swim inna nuh watah a night time </div></div>

I'm with you...don't like swimming in wata whe mi nah see nuttin.....I live so close to this attraction, feel shamed to seh mi neva dweet.....waiting to take one touris on tour dere!

I've heard varying reports about this lagoon from my guests who've done the tour....from what I hear, the luminescence has to do with &quot;how much sun was shining the day before and also how much darkness is present on the night of the trip&quot;....this is all heresay, so don't know how much is actually facts!

Would love to check it out some night though (on a good night)
                      Jamaica...NOTHING is as it seems.
                      j&#97;&#109;a&#105;&#99;a&#46;&#106;e&#119;&#101;l &#64;&#121;a&#104;&#111;o&#46;&#99;o&#109;

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X