Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Couples Tower Isle vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couples Tower Isle vacation

Just returned from 8 days at Couples Tower Isle. This place has the best staff and service of any resort that I have vacationed at. Food was excellent and alcohol was top shelf. Manager Leonard Henry and his staff should be proud.

This is why I always make it Jamaica when I spend my money on a vacation. Nobody does it better.
    Last edited by lonewolf; 02-11-2016, 11:43 AM.
    'A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in.. And how many want out...'

Looks like a nice getaway. Taking notes ...

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
      Looks like a nice getaway. Taking notes ...
      Hi Peasie! Small hotel compared to the mega resorts (a little over 200 rooms)it was built in 1949. A real older hotel feel (archictecture) with long hallways and a graceful feel of a time passed. Old movie star and famous personality hangout of that era. Photos in the piano bar feature Louie Armstrong, Errol Flynn, Eva Gardner, Joan Crawford, Walt Disney and others that stayed at the resort, including a picture of Abe Issa with Fidel Castro(it seems that photo was from a travel expo in Cuba just after the revolution).

It's a great place to relax and recharge your batteries.
      Last edited by lonewolf; 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM.
      'A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in.. And how many want out...'

Comment

I remember hearing about the old Tower Isle hotel when I was a child. Is it all-inclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
          I remember hearing about the old Tower Isle hotel when I was a child. Is it all-inclusive?
          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
            Just returned from 8 days at Couples Tower Isle. This place has the best staff and service of any resort that I have vacationed at. Food was excellent and alcohol was top shelf. Manager Leonard Henry and his staff should be proud.

This is why I always make it Jamaica when I spend my money on a vacation. Nobody does it better.
            Glad u had a good time... LW the one thing i like about you is : Unlike typical tourist, you dont tell us you are not the typical tourist. That makes you unlike the typical tourist...

By the way that picture of Issa with fidel... is quite notorious......and demonstrates to me Jamaicaness! Innovation, openness, pride and confidence... But most of all initiative! Hope u bought some chicken from a pan man.... and stopped by a bar and bought a beer...If
            Last edited by Wahalla; 02-17-2016, 05:13 AM.
            What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
            If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

Originally posted by Wahalla View Post
              Glad u had a good time... LW the one thing i like about you is : Unlike typical tourist, you dont tell us you are not the typical tourist. That makes you unlike the typical tourist...

By the way that picture of Issa with fidel... is quite notorious......and demonstrates to me Jamaicaness! Innovation, openness, pride and confidence... But most of all initiative! Hope u bought some chicken from a pan man.... and stopped by a bar and bought a beer...If
              Thanks, I simply like what I like. And, I make no apologies for liking the original Jamaican style all-inclusive resorts. They are to me an adult Disney World. Funny thing is that the typical old Jamaican style all-inclusive (like Tower Isle) is not the typical all inclusive in Jamaica any more, being replaced by the horrible Riu resorts(spanish) and other mega monstrosities which seem to dot the landscape and are now the standard in Jamaica. But, I do understand they provide much needed jobs.

After the decline of Super Clubs, it seems that all that is left of the original Jamaican concept all-inclusive is Couples resorts and Sandals, (Sandals I do not care for at all)...almost forgot, and Hedo. (the meat market) The original Jamaican concept all inclusive is disappearing.

Yeah, that picture of Issa and Fidel has always peaked my interest, you and I have discussed that photo in the past, and I was told that it was taken in Cuba and not in Jamaica.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X