Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

2011 Jamaica Bucket List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mountaingal View Post
    nice aerial shot. i've been to cinchona, saw a peach tree growing up there. peach dem did young, though. jamaica's mountain regions are, to me, the most beautiful aspects of the country. better than the beaches.
    we used to have peach growing in mandeville ..back when it was cooler
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
      we used to have peach growing in mandeville ..back when it was cooler
      Mi fadda did plant one tree up deh in rural St. Catherine. Breeze blow off di blossom dem.

Comment

Next trip to Jamaica should be a heritage trip... visit places like Bushy Park aqueduct, Colbeck Castle and the Taino museum out by White Marl... there's another Taino museum, located in St Mary... visited there a long time ago. Anyone has ever been to the mineral spa in Rockfort? Is it still in operation? Rockfort itself has a very interesting history. We have many historical places of interest, curious whether the govt are preserving some of these historical places.

Comment

Originally posted by SandiF View Post
          Next trip to Jamaica should be a heritage trip... visit places like Bushy Park aqueduct, Colbeck Castle and the Taino museum out by White Marl... there's another Taino museum, located in St Mary... visited there a long time ago. Anyone has ever been to the mineral spa in Rockfort? Is it still in operation? Rockfort itself has a very interesting history. We have many historical places of interest, curious whether the govt are preserving some of these historical places.

i havent seen anything taino related in jamaica - i'll put that on my list. thanks, Sandi
          <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

i conquered that fear and swim cross couple times

did you wear floaties just in case?

I dipped my feet in it
            If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
            We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

I have been to Portland but like to stay a full week at least in Portland..

Would like to explore more of the eastern parishes
              If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
              We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

I went here a couple times back in the 80's ...did not even know he name of the place

its the headwaters of the rio bueno in st ann

Dornock River Head Rising, St. Ann

its you turn up towards clarke's town from discovery bay

Comment

By far, Portland is my favourite parish... A few times driving from St Andrew to Portland, instead of heading into the general direction towards Annotto Bay, we went... I think north-east onto smaller road then head straight east. We were in some of the most beautiful areas... naturally it was all in the Blue Mountain range areas... ended up on dead end roads which locals told us "nutten nuh down dey so ... a dead end man, yu fi turn back" lol! Somehow we got into Moores Town. I'll have to dig up the pictures but that day mi sey man, Jamaica a really God bless country... the nature scenery was out of the world. If there is a heaven, mi feel sey it was right in that area. I could do that trip again.. we were lost but I was navigating and making notes.

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                  I have been to Portland but like to stay a full week at least in Portland..

Would like to explore more of the eastern parishes

Comment

that look like a Cotton tree... if I'm not mistaken

I went here a couple times back in the 80's ...did not even know he name of the place

its the headwaters of the rio bueno in st ann

Dornock River Head Rising, St. Ann

its you turn up towards clarke's town from discovery bay

Comment

Originally posted by SandiF View Post
                      By far, Portland is my favourite parish... A few times driving from St Andrew to Portland, instead of heading into the general direction towards Annotto Bay, we went... I think north-east onto smaller road then head straight east. We were in some of the most beautiful areas... naturally it was all in the Blue Mountain range areas... ended up on dead end roads which locals told us "nutten nuh down dey so ... a dead end man, yu fi turn back" lol! Somehow we got into Moores Town. I'll have to dig up the pictures but that day mi sey man, Jamaica a really God bless country... the nature scenery was out of the world. If there is a heaven, mi feel sey it was right in that area. I could do that trip again.. we were lost but I was navigating and making notes.
                      one of my favourite trips is the drive from kingston up through newcastle and over the hill down into buff bay.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X