Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Bammy or Festival?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bammy or Festival?

as u talk, stbess, mi son-in-law from Trelawny apparently no eat bammy, him and him family. i was so shocked to hear that. and the way dem stay, mi couldnt entice dem fi taste it.

and of course, my kids, who born and grow a canada, love bammy - the thick horseback one dem sell nowadays, unfortunately, weh no ha no flavour unless u fry and salt dem.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........
      McGee mi only buy my bammy at the Santa Cruz market </div></div>

and not at Border or from the lady in mandeville?
      </div></div>

last time I was in the Mandeville market was about 20 years ago .......I stopped at border last year and had to but some due to the fact I was hungry and I did not want to eat only fish
      they were kind of thin but I must admit they were not bad.......I forgot about that
      You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as u talk, stbess, mi son-in-law from Trelawny apparently no eat bammy, him and him family. i was so shocked to hear that. and the way dem stay, mi couldnt entice dem fi taste it.

and of course, my kids, who born and grow a canada, love bammy - the thick horseback one dem sell nowadays, unfortunately, weh no ha no flavour unless u fry and salt dem. </div></div>

Ahh chile a nuff people nu eat yard food anymore - even my friend from middle quarters har children barn and grow a town [and dem still live dey] and they don't eat food - no yam, coco, sweet potatoe, breadfruit and of course no dumpling and definitely no bammie - Aye sah I remember visiting an aquaintance in TO in the 70's and she told me that she does not want anyone cooking ackee and saltfish in har house because it smell up the place. (Har poor grndma had brought up ackee from Ja). I believed she lived in public housing because it was during the time Idi Amin drove the Indians out of Uganda and a lot of them lived in har bldg and she used to fuss about the smell of curry. My peeps -- dem no easy at all.
        Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous

Comment

All dis talk about Bammy has me salivating about Tie a leaf my Grandmother use to make dis too...St Bess people is di best.....long time me nuh eat dat
          You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless you is from St Bess likje my Grandmother you do not know how to make Bammy........sadly none of the kids or gran kids have learned the art.........
            McGee mi only buy my bammy at the Santa Cruz market </div></div>

and not at Border or from the lady in mandeville?
            </div></div>

last time I was in the Mandeville market was about 20 years ago .......I stopped at border last year and had to but some due to the fact I was hungry and I did not want to eat only fish
            they were kind of thin but I must admit they were not bad.......I forgot about that </div></div>
            I think the lady in Mandeville sells them out of her house and I want to say it is on Caledonia Rd
            If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
            We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until the day I die I still know how to make bammy, starch and corn dumpling from scratch.</div></div>

Marry mi nuh?

Comment

Excuse me Magix is why you tek up resident up here and you have a trip report to finish

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until the day I die I still know how to make bammy, starch and corn dumpling from scratch.</div></div>

Marry mi nuh? </div></div>

Ah Magic you a young bud and me put-dung - tried it and after 36 years I had enough even me daughter too ole fe you much more me. Glad to see you like yard food though. Fly safely ---
                  Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until the day I die I still know how to make bammy, starch and corn dumpling from scratch.</div></div>

Marry mi nuh? </div></div>

Ah Magic you a young bud and me put-dung - tried it and after 36 years I had enough even me daughter too ole fe you much more me. Glad to see you like yard food though. Fly safely --- </div></div>

Bless!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ms Exced</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excuse me Magix is why you tek up resident up here and you have a trip report to finish </div></div>

Mi soon come finish it.

Comment

That was good for not-that-fresh festival. That was at

but

was fresh but not so good. pLastic wrap made it lose its crunch . That was at

and....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excuse me Magix is why you tek up resident up here and you have a trip report to finish </div></div>

x2!!
                        Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Comment

Bammy and fish!

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tulip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bammy but not if I have to make it myself. </div></div>
                            This ^

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                            If a nuh yuh, den a who fi mek it? </div></div>
                            Somebody else. Someone who makes it well.

I can make festival, can't make bammy.

Comment

Those a unu who mek good bammy fi teach a di next smaddy fi mek it, so when unu ded an bury bammy de bout still.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X