Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

What smells remind you of home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book is ready!

Thank you for helping! The book is ready for you, after long last. Contact me through my website, www.crystalchanwrites.com and reference this conversation.

Thank you again!

Originally posted by missus_vegas View Post
    Ok, i will help you, but in return i want a free book deal? if i am helpful to you and you do not give me that book i will obeah you and trust me google jamaican obeah it is no joke.

ok...so smells that remind me of home ( home as in Jamaica i assume)

coconut oil
    fried fish with vinegar
    camphor / moth balls....it was very typical to have those in closets, drawers, etc where clothing was stored cus of the insects getting at them
    peppermint
    cinnamon
    pimento ( a spice you can google it)
    rain on the window. i grew up in a house with zinc roof so we could hear the rain splatter on the roof
    seeing rain run off in the gutters...reminds me of sailing boats in the gutter back home when in rained

most the thing i mentioned though dont seem exclusive to Jamaica...seems like a mexican, south american or asian person could tell u these same things. hope this helped....and remember....you owe me a book

Comment

The book is ready!

Thank you for helping! The book is ready for you, after long last. Contact me through my website, www.crystalchanwrites.com and reference this conversation.

Thank you again!

Originally posted by mangoskin View Post
      the wood floors, windows and furniture, no need for air freshners...

Comment

The book is ready!

Thank you again!

Originally posted by SandiF View Post
        Good to see that you came back to clarify your intent.

Here's my input... The smell of rain drops as it hit the earth. There is something earthly delicious about that scent and as a child, it made me felt like I wanted to stick my tongue to mother earth's brown soil and taste that earthy scent on the tip of my tongue.

(Gross? No! An nuh badda go quote mi words perzactly)

Comment

The book is ready!

Thank you again!

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
          Crystal thank you for clarifying your intent

The smell of the jasmine on the back verandah at night.

Mangoes at the market

The smell of the roasting peanuts from the peanut man as he rides his bicycle through the neighborhood in the early evening

Comment

The book is ready!

Thank you again!

Originally posted by diabolical_Tanya View Post
            the smell of rain on the hot ground

coconut oil

hot fresh patty sometimes I hallucinate that scent

The ocean/beach

burning wood

Comment

The book is ready!

Thank you again!

Originally posted by ILP View Post
              moth balls
              fry fish wid vinegar
              coconut oil
              kerosine oil
              rain
              beach
              open market

Comment

rahtid....mi memba dis now. mek mi go check out mi free book
                Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

o no. page two and mi ready fi bawl already
                  Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

... that burning wood smell when you're 4 hours away from where you want to be
                    When Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's *art* and *music* - when I do it I'm *wasted* and *have to leave the hardware store*.

Comment

forgot to post this couple weeks ago

I GOT MY FREE BOOK!!!!!!

Comment

anybody want it when mi done read it please PM me your address and I will mail it if you promise pledge to pass it along to another Jam.com member

Comment

Originally posted by diabolical_Tanya View Post
                          anybody want it when mi done read it please PM me your address and I will mail it if you promise pledge to pass it along to another Jam.com member

mek dem buy it..the lady need to eat a food
                          When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Originally posted by chancm16 View Post
                            <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wahalla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blood... and the smell of parched Coffee.. Mango Blossoms..Peimento blossoms... smell of rain on the hot dutty, loved that.. The smell of cut grass in the hot sun. ...The smell of pepper rod and bitta bush... The stink of cut Cedar wood...The stink of decaying bull frag...the stink of Tinkin Toe.. I could never eat it...And the smell of John Crow nose... The sweet smell of burnt cane...the smell of tar on the road at mid day.... </div></div>

Thank you, Wahalla! I appreciate your feedback, and you'll be the last person on this post to receive a free copy when the book comes out. Anyone posting after this - of course, your input and experiences are helpful, but due to book-sending-out-restraints, only the people who posted previously will receive a copy.

And good news - I just received word from my editor today that the entire house (marketers, sales team, etc) is really buzzing with excitement about the story.
                            Ratid me due a free copy!!!!!!!
                            What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
                            If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X