Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Gift ideas from the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift ideas from the U.S.

Hi everyone.

We are returning to Jamaica this year for our vacation and want to bring some gifts for friends we made last year. Can I please have some ideas? Maybe there are some things available in the U.S. that would be a very welcome gift?

Also we would like to bring gifts for two 7 year old boys. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Gift ideas from the U.S.

check the archives to trip report...doubt the suggested gifts for previous posts like this has changed...btw, i guarantee dat u will NOW get nuff response to ur post... have fun
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm having trouble finding any older posts with this information. Can you show me the way?

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quipnic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm having trouble finding any older posts with this information. Can you show me the way?
        </div></div>

the site has undergone soo many changes...there is archive of popular posts over the years...i suggest u make a request of the stated moderators for this site to bring up the archive for u...they have access to that sort of stuff i would think..it use to be that at the end of the page u would see a forum titled archived posts ...check down the bottom if it is still there
        u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Comment

I tried the search function and find out the farthest back a search will go is 1 month so that won't help you much as I can't remember the last time the subject has come up but it has been awhile.

The best i can do for now is to tell you to go to the bottom of the page here, where you will find a box in the lower left hand corner titled &quot;Display options&quot;. I think by default the topics only go back a few months or so, but you can change that by clicking on SHOW TOPICS to from all dates, and then according to your preference.

Don't forget to click on the CHANGE button or it won't work for you.

That should bring up 44 pages dating back to 1/18/08.

I have to run right now but will try to come back later with more help. Good luck!

Comment

I had a few minutes to play around but couldn't find any threads. I skimmed through pages 31 to 41.

My first thoughts for a response is if the people work at the hotel or restaurant where you stay/frequent, is the best gift you can bring is tip them generously. That way they can get something they truly want and need.

Other than that, I am a big proponent of procuring items for people living on the island, from businesses that are in Jamaica rather than carry things from the US, but that is just me speaking about what I would do. Pictures, if you have pictures of them, bring extra copies. I used to carry a big package of new socks and pass out pairs of socks, people love getting new socks, or little things equally small in value. Tshirts or cap, something from your area of the world, little things like that. School supplies for the children and maybe a few sweeties. Nothing overboard.

Comment

Dollar store is your friend
              <span style="font-style: italic">Can the Ethiopian change his skin
              or the leopard its spots?
              Neither can you do good
              who are accustomed to doing evil. (Jer 13:23)</span>

Comment

Thank you all for your quick responses.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dollar store is your friend </div></div>
                  yes, and make sure you get light-weight items, otherwise you will be paying lots for excess baggage..

*and always, cash is king*

''to learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.''
                  Voltaire

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X