Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

A new Jamaican airline [/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Jamaican airline [/

<span style="font-weight: bold">A new Jamaican airline </span>

A new Jamaican airline <span style="font-weight: bold">is to begin operations next month</span>.

Captain Lloyd Tai, a former Air Jamaica pilot and Chief Executive Officer of Fly Jamaica Airways says he expects the certification process to be completed by late September.

When asked about financing for the airline, Captain Tai was quick to point out that this was not an issue:

Meanwhile, Security Inspector at the Civil Aviation Authority of Jamaica, Egbert Field, confirmed that certification for Fly Jamaica is in progress and should be completed within the stipulated period.

<span style="font-style: italic">The 198 seater, which comprises 186 Economy seats and 12 First Class seats, is seeking to have its first flight out of Jamaica by early October.</span>

Mr Tai also stressed that all resources including staff, are Jamaican based.

The airline's confirmed routes are New York in the United States and Toronto, Canada.

<span style="font-style: italic">one so so plane does not an airline make but i guess u haffi always stawt wid one</span>
    u so fake, even China denied mekking u

Re: A new Jamaican airline [/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    <span style="font-style: italic">one so so plane does not an airline make but i guess u haffi always stawt wid one</span> </div></div>

Check out the paint job!!!
    They spent $19.99 at Home Depot on the paint.

Comment

mi not really digging that name

<span style="font-weight: bold">fly jamaica</span>
      “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xigaM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
        <span style="font-style: italic">one so so plane does not an airline make but i guess u haffi always stawt wid one</span> </div></div>

Check out the paint job!!!
        They spent $19.99 at Home Depot on the paint.

</div></div>

I swear u got a chuckle out of me... Dat Home Depot Comment was something I would have said. Chuckle chuckle

Comment

Comment

dem cudden at least cotch wan ganja leaf pan di tail? a joke!

yes poor paint job...run a stripe ar sitten pan ie side nuh...i have no doubt that they will get plenny a business but wat a ting wen di wan plane bruk down..delays galore!

and yeah Gen ditto pan di name. Dem cudden go wid di sterile Jamaican Airlines JamAir fi short ..or sitten lacka so?
            <span style="font-style: italic">Can the Ethiopian change his skin
            or the leopard its spots?
            Neither can you do good
            who are accustomed to doing evil. (Jer 13:23)</span>

Comment

The plane was built in 1999 and operated by a bunch of airlines since. Even if it doesn't bruk down much it will need to go for periodical maintenance which will take it out of service. So there will be disruptions to the schedule.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xigaM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The plane was built in 1999 and operated by a bunch of airlines since. Even if it doesn't bruk down much it will need to go for periodical maintenance which will take it out of service. So there will be disruptions to the schedule. </div></div>

Mi wish dem luck but mi naw fly pon it...99 was a bad year fi mi

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xigaM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The plane was built in 1999 and operated by a bunch of airlines since. Even if it doesn't bruk down much it will need to go for periodical maintenance which will take it out of service. So there will be disruptions to the schedule. </div></div>

1999?? Is that kind of old for a commercial airline?

That makes me kind of nervous.

But I would love to see a Jamaican run &amp; owned airline again..

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: evanovitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
                    <span style="font-weight: bold">A new Jamaican airline </span>

A new Jamaican airline <span style="font-weight: bold">is to begin operations next month</span>.

Captain Lloyd Tai, a former Air Jamaica pilot and Chief Executive Officer of Fly Jamaica Airways says he expects the certification process to be completed by late September.

When asked about financing for the airline, Captain Tai was quick to point out that this was not an issue:

Meanwhile, Security Inspector at the Civil Aviation Authority of Jamaica, Egbert Field, confirmed that certification for Fly Jamaica is in progress and should be completed within the stipulated period.

<span style="font-style: italic">The 198 seater, which comprises 186 Economy seats and 12 First Class seats, is seeking to have its first flight out of Jamaica by early October.</span>

Mr Tai also stressed that all resources including staff, are Jamaican based.

The airline's confirmed routes are New York in the United States and Toronto, Canada.

Sound like they have 1 plane?

I would like to see this airline succeed and employ as many Jamaicans as Air Jamaica did.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X