Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

40 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 years ago today

In Memphis TN at the Lorraine Motel outside of room 306 Dr Martin Luther King, Jr was assassinated and our world was forever changed

Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Re: 40 years ago today

Jamaica.....a place your body goes to find where your mind and soul has always been

Comment

Beautiful picture. Hard to believe it's been 40 years. I remember watching cartoons when the broadcast of his assassination flashed on tv. I’ll never forget that day and the many questions I had. I watched the news so much my mother had to make me stop.
      maxi priest...mellifluous!

Comment

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Is the place we are at present as a race today, as far as social acceptance, and economic mobollity a reflection of our generation utilizing the opportunities they sacrificed so that we could have. Did we use those opportunities to the best of our potential?
        Have we taken their sacrifice for granted/ have we used them so that we are satisvied withour selves?
        Wahat do you think?
        </span>
        Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Can't see the pictures here , but I will check them out later. It has been a big day here with the media all over the place. However ,sammy go over to GD and read my post about the letter to the editor...it's an eye opener. 40 years later. </span>
          IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

We have a tendency to celebrate averything and less of evaluate our achievements and failures. What are we going to start parcticint evaluating?
            Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Is the place we are at present as a race today, as far as social acceptance, and economic mobollity a reflection of our generation utilizing the opportunities they sacrificed so that we could have. Did we use those opportunities to the best of our potential?
              Have we taken their sacrifice for granted/ have we used them so that we are satisvied withour selves?
              Wahat do you think?
              </span>
              </div></div>

Dudd this morning Tom Joyner noted that the majority of his listening audience were not even born during Dr. King's time and view him as some kind of "historical" figure. Having never experienced some of the outward things involved in segregation, you only know you life as your life, just as it is. Today's kids can't decry an experience they never had.
              IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Can't see the pictures here , but I will check them out later. It has been a big day here with the media all over the place. However ,sammy go over to GD and read my post about the letter to the editor...it's an eye opener. 40 years later. </span> </div></div> Do you thinmk that we who benefit from your horoific experience has taken every opportunity to grasp those that was opened top us. Or we took it for granted, for the most part.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Is the place we are at present as a race today, as far as social acceptance, and economic mobollity a reflection of our generation utilizing the opportunities they sacrificed so that we could have. Did we use those opportunities to the best of our potential?
                  Wahat do you think?
                  </span>
                  </div></div>
                  Dudd this morning Tom Joyner noted that the majority of his listening audience were not even born during Dr. King's time and view him as some kind of "historical" figure. Having never experienced some of the outward things involved in segregation, you only know you life as your life, just as it is. Today's kids can't decry an experience they never had. </div></div>The funny thing is that I have never experienced segregation myself,but I studied history and was brought up to value the sacrifice of others.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissMonroeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Can't see the pictures here , but I will check them out later. It has been a big day here with the media all over the place. However ,sammy go over to GD and read my post about the letter to the editor...it's an eye opener. 40 years later. </span> </div></div> Do you thinmk that we who benefit from your horoific experience has taken every opportunity to grasp those that was opened top us. Or we took it for granted, for the most part. </div></div>

Well let me see...another fine point was made on the Joyner show this morning as well. He said that the Jenna 6 experience had galvanized this generation and brought them to the forefront of civil rights issues. When one has had few experiences in that area, it is hard to relate...I wouldn't say "taken it for granted", just more could not 'relate' therefore felt there was little to do in that area.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X