Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Nanook other dog lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schultz
    replied
    Re: Nanook other dog lovers

Seeven, it is a big responsibility to have a dog! They are so much fun though.

Kia, do you have a standard poodle or a miniture? Is he well adjusted?

Leave a comment:

• kia027
    replied

each breed under the akc.org has a rescue group..

each of our dogs was a rescue. two from a standard no kill shelter & the poodle from poodle rescue

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>this thread had me looking for a rescue dog yesterday - i saw some cute ones [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img]

then i got ahold of myself [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]</span>

Leave a comment:

• schultz
    replied

M, don't beat yourself up over it. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70459-hugs.gif[/img] At the time you got her you didn't know. If you get another one you will do it differently.

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It really hurts me to know that my darling Mika probably came from one of those places.</span>

Leave a comment:

• schultz
    replied

I also hear the Amish are secret abusers like this sect of polygamist Mormons that have been rescued in the last few days. Terrible. I hope Opra exposed them big! I hope PETA raids them!

Leave a comment:

• Nanook
    replied

I didn't see the Oprah show but I know all about puppy mills. People need to educate themselves about this and only buy from reputable professional breeders! I have contacts for most any breed or I can find one with my many resources!

Leave a comment:

• Marilyn
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schultz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M, what did they say about the Amish?

Some of the higher class Jamaicans do love dogs...I've met some that have house dogs. </div></div>

The Amish hold the majority of the puppy mills. They use them as a cash crop and consider them no better than cattle.

Leave a comment:

• schultz
    replied

I just looked at one of his sites. His wife is beautiful too. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• 23JAM00
    replied

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: schultz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancee, I've watched him many times. He is awesome! </div></div>

Some of the stuff he does I just can't believe.
    He sure knows dogs alright.
    I read on his website that he is moving out of downtown LA and has bought a ranch out in Cali country for his family and the dogs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/inlove1.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

• schultz
    replied

Nancee, I've watched him many times. He is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• 23JAM00
    replied

I have one rescue and one dog from a breeder. The rescue is having some adjustment problems, and doesn't like men too much.
    She was found alongside the road as a pup....maybe someone beat her, we don't know. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70456-eyebrows.gif[/img]

My other sweetie was bought in Hapeville from a breeder, he's turned out to be a clown with a great personality

I do belong to a rescue group for pitbulls and some of the abandoned and mistreated dogs here in GA have had a hard life. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

Please watch the Dog Whisperer if anyone has a chance. He's on the National Geographic Channel on Friday nights at 8pm. I've learned alot and have applied some of his teachings to my own dogs. There are alot of examples of bad behavior, walking, and leash problems that are solved very easily.

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/
    http://www.pitprintsrescue.com/
    http://www.bestfriends.org/atthesanc...cialadoptions/

Leave a comment:

• schultz
    replied

My Dottie was a present to me from my vet. I don't know what I would do without him...such a wonderful man. All of my previous animals came from the animal shelter too.

Dottie is super bright...very easy to potty train....wonderful personality.....a chi chi that loves kids....she scratches on the door when she wants to come in. Lots of little things that she does is so cute.

Leave a comment:

• jamaica_dreamin
    replied

The dog I have now was adopted from the humane society. I have to say that he house broke quicker than any puppy I have ever owned. He also started being protective of home and his people younger than any dog I have ever owned.

If I hit Lotto tomorrow my only concern would be getting him in to Jamaica.

Leave a comment:

• Seveen
    replied

<span style='font-family: Fixedsys'>my dog aja [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif[/img]

was a rescue from a puppy mill

when i first got her

she would cower around people - she hid out under the coach for one month

she didn't bark - i guess she got no response when barking so she didn't

wasn't housebroken - would pee in her crate - that was the most challenging habit to break - and i never really did - just had to let her out on schedule

couldn't walk on a lease

IF i ever get another dog - it will come from the "pound" or a resuce group

i've even seen some yorkie rescue groups </span>

Leave a comment:

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X