Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Quick trip to Kingston end of November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick trip to Kingston end of November

Kingston is the place of my birth and formative years Every now and then I make a quick trip down to check on family and such. Here are a few photos I took last week.

Since I was there last February, the Palisados road has been completed by the Chinese government project. I had the impression this was going to be a 4-lane road, but it is two lanes one in each direction. But the shoulders are wide so there is plenty of options to overtake in the usual crazy, impatient and reckless way of Jamaican drivers

Julie mangoes were in season and I got a few from this tree in the yard

Comment

The weather was nice. There were some occasional rain showers and everything in Kingston looks green and pretty. A couple days there was a nice Christmas breeze. Each morning I sat on this patio in a quiet corner with my coffee and Gleaner

and each morning a humming bird would work these flowers then come through the grill to check out the potted fern right above my head

I know these flowers as Costus or Pineapple Flower .. humming birds love them.

Comment

Don't remember the name of this pink flower. It was also a favorite of the humming birds

Comment

I have a passion for old-style Kingston homes. One day I took my mother to Nutthall for some medical tests. While I waited for her I looked over a fence and saw this beautiful structure. I feel grateful that the occupants have kept the original structure and wooden privacy screen in front. The bright blue trim is a gem!

Comment

Also around Nutthall I found these two police officers taking a break in the shade. They were lovely gentlemen and with their permission I patted the two horses.

As I patted the brown horse on the left, the horse on the right grew jealous and I had to pet him too

Comment

On another day I made my way up to UWI Mona campus to stomp over my old stomping ground

The old hang out in the (now) Humanities block was around these two huge and very old ornamental fig trees - back then we just called them The Trees. We solved many of the world's problems under these trees, helped each other with assignments, cuss out professors, chat pure fawt, learn a new dance step, and laugh at some eediat bway from one of our classes The Trinis used to say, "Oh Gawd, we liming so!"

I swear the same benches are still there!

This sign is new though

Comment

Nice photos, love the one of the veranda. Nothing like mornings in Jamaica.
                7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Nice pictures Peasie, love the house one

Comment

Tonks unnos

Of course I had to visit UWI's chapel.

I have a photo of my wedding with bride and groom under this arch

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post

As I patted the brown horse on the left, the horse on the right grew jealous and I had to pet him too

see the policeman taking a picture of the horse loving tourist. I wonder what him posting bout u now

Nice report pzely .
                      “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

mi nat no tourist and dem was just two nice genkleman

Comment

btw, dis not in di correck forum

Comment

The bougainvillea are in bloom and plenty of pretty colors are in their glorious display around Kingston. These are near UWI chapel

Comment

I could sit all day and watch humming birds and their flying skills! They are a remarkable piece of nature's engineering, especially di miniture ones dat yuh can barely see!

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
                              It was also a favorite of the humming birds

JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X