Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Bangkok & India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the 3D effect!!

If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

I didn't take many food pics, guess I was too busy eating. Here are the only two I took.

Crispy Fish

Curry Crab

7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

My picture doesn't do it any justice. It was really stunning.

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
        Love the 3D effect!!

Comment

ohhh nice pics.

my neighbor is from thailand. her kids younger than likklegen and dem went to same middle school. she goes home pretty much every summer..
          she told me when she goes this summer she is going to have to take her kids to temple more often (well the daughter really)
          the daughter is in 6th grade now and the mother think she a bruk out in merica dwl. it should be interesting when dem come back end of august
          “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

Comment

Very nice what an experience, the fish and curry crab looks delicious
            Last edited by MsExced; 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Peppa, mi can si di food was good, yuh certainly destroyed dat fish! How con yuh lef di head, yuh noh like it looking back at yuh, crying please dont?
              JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Comment

Originally posted by j-kid View Post
                Peppa, mi can si di food was good, yuh certainly destroyed dat fish! How con yuh lef di head, yuh noh like it looking back at yuh, crying please dont?

Ha, I took this pic in the middle of the meal. I don't remember who ate the head, but it was eaten...as was everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2473[/ATTACH]

This picture reminded me of the dress code. Shorts weren't allowed. Anyone who showed up wearing shorts was directed to the vendors just outside the gates. Wraps were available for purchase. Thankfully I heard from a friend about the dress code and made sure my legs were covered.

Comment

The Night Market is begins at sundown and goes till I think about midnight. It is an outdoor market and I noticed quite a few vendors that were hearing impaired. Communication done via calculator. Actually all vendors communicated via calculator. The shopper points to the item, the seller inputs the price on the calculator. Then the haggling begins. The shopper takes the calculator and inputs an offer and it goes from there.

PICT0188.jpg

PICT0190.jpg

Comment

The vendor stalls were in the center of the market. Restaurants, bars and sex shops make up the buildings that make up the exterior. While shopping most of the entertainment businesses had hype men working the shoppers to get them in the bars, etc. The sex shop hype men were the busiest of the lot. They offered several sex options, including a printed menu of available sex shows.

Bangkok is also famous for its sex tourism business. Happy endings with Thai massages, a very busy sex for money trade which sadly includes whole heap of children and teens. It is also supposed to be a place where sex change operations can be had at a reasonable price. While walking around there were lots of men with men, men with men dressed as women and old men with young women. I couldn't help but think that many of the men I saw had wives and children somewhere in the world and went to Bangkok to take advantage of the bustling sex trade. I didn't notice any lesbian couples.

Thankfully I didn't see what appeared to be any children being exploited.

BTW, the hotel room had the usual assortment of drinks and snacks available for purchase. Included with the chips and chocolates were condoms. The room came with two for sale condoms.

10301300_10152118259333284_3303104934002119297_n.jpg

Comment

At least the hotel is realistic that it is a place used for trysts..

The night market looks like a lot of fun. Were most of the goods made in China?
                        If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
                        We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Wonder if you need condoms with the Tom Yum Noodle.

Comment

is prostitution legal there?
                            “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

Comment

Originally posted by kia027 View Post
                              At least the hotel is realistic that it is a place used for trysts..

The night market looks like a lot of fun. Were most of the goods made in China?
                              Funny you should ask about China. The word on the street was 'Go to China for the low quality knock-offs, go to Bangkok for high quality knock-offs.'

I will have to check the items I purchased though. It would be interesting to see if 'made in China' is on the label. And yes, me soon come wid di Knock-off shopping post.

Regarding the condoms, interesting thing is that I stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott. And like Courtyards in the West, they had the manager's reception in the evenings. Promos around the hotel dubbed it a family friendly event, and the hotel was full of people travelling with their kids. Guess the hotel embraced the boy scout motto 'be prepared'.

Comment

Originally posted by CeaBee View Post
                                is prostitution legal there?
                                It is illegal, but from what I understand things can gwaan if you know the right people. Blind eyes can be turned as long as the unwritten rules are obeyed. I didn't see any street walkers and I drove by some streets with neon lights of girls dancing. Based on what cab drivers said, it seems like they are the conduits to whatever you need (knock-off bags, sex, drugs). Massage parlors and sex clubs are probably a good place to get what you need.

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X