Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

London, England - short trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, England - short trip

Heading to London, England next week Staying on the east side, near relatives. Might do a trip into the city, might do a trip to Birmingham, we really only have about three good days free.

Would love to hear any suggestions, recommendations, tips, etc.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

carry a rain coat and an umbrella

enjoy
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Comment

Mek sure don't leave the house without coins for the rest rooms.

Looking forward to the trip report. Aldoah all now me nuh finish yuh 3 in one report.
      7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
        carry a rain coat and an umbrella

enjoy
        thanks, Rich. not sure about the raincoat, but will definitely carry a brolly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
          Mek sure don't leave the house without coins for the rest rooms.

Looking forward to the trip report. Aldoah all now me nuh finish yuh 3 in one report.
          Coins for restrooms???? truly???

a big money fi go tilet? you haffi pay in restaurants too? this might severely impact my touristing activities

Comment

The best Indian food outside of India

oh wait ... yuh live a Toronto ... nevah mind den ...

Do the London Eye. dem have modern free tilit.

have fun

Comment

dont recall any pay per use toilets so u mite be ok. make sure u place a bet on the bday of the royal baby.
              Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

Comment

I've never been there but I hear they've nice markets

Comment

Originally posted by MsExced View Post
                  I went in the spring and the outdoor markets were great. sort of remind me of JA. also love how all the little shops have dem tings out on the side walk.

exced bring back one a dem stroller fi me weh have seat for toddler or older children to ride. notice they were very popular ova deh. i dont see as many here one stoosh one mi want eino

Comment

one thing i found amusing was everybody have one likkle georgie bag (suitecase or similar pull along bag). and wat a set a ppl fi walk and talk to demself.

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
                      The best Indian food outside of India

oh wait ... yuh live a Toronto ... nevah mind den ...
                      kids and i are fans of english shows/movies, so we have long heard about beef vindaloo, which apparently is created-in-england specialty, impossible to find in toronto. it's top of our list of things to eat in london.

Comment

Originally posted by missus_vegas View Post
                        dont recall any pay per use toilets so u mite be ok. make sure u place a bet on the bday of the royal baby.
                        o yea. the famous english bookie system. place a bet?

maybe peppa went to a part of london where pay tilit was common? seriously, mi a scrimp and save mi change, so hopefully will not have to pay to use the loo.

Comment

Originally posted by MsExced View Post
                          we see how that go, thanks ms exced.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaingal View Post
                            Heading to London, England next week Staying on the east side, near relatives. Might do a trip into the city, might do a trip to Birmingham, we really only have about three good days free.

Would love to hear any suggestions, recommendations, tips, etc.
                            There is an exhibition of historical black fotos...I need to find time to go to it.

A nice exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery....Pangea emerging Latin american and African modern artists.. There is also Cuban Ballet Revolution on at the Peacock Theatre...nice dance moves little Narrative...they have a combination of ballet and modern club music... Best bit is a Concerto de Arajuez....dance. I think Carlos Acosta might be dancing in Don Quioxte next week....
                            What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
                            If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

there is also a exhibition on at the British Museum...500 years of Ming....
                              What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
                              If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X