Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

Back to Africa and a little of Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Africa and a little of Europe

Africa is such a big continent and full of surprises... I haven't been to all countries in Africa but the few that I've travelled are always the same good vibes...the people... the food is always the best... the music, and always "hey there Jamaican woman". How Africans in different part of the continent seem to know that I'm from Jamaica? Still a mystery.

It was off to Morocco, then Ghana, then back to Morocco... took a segue crossing the land border to Ceuta, back to Morocco, then spent last few days in France. A trip of adventure, the gastronomy... lots of eating... the wine... too much sleeping, then staying up late all night... arguments between two hot headed people, the compromises... it takes one smile and then the laughter.... so much of it... crazy immigration officers :scary: ... the cold weather was a bit too much.

I'm home, back to my comfort, my family, my job, daily runnings of life and the things that are home.

The end.

ahm that was a quick & concise trip report but but.. Where are the pictures

It sounded like u had a fantastic time
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Comment

Yes weh de pikcha dem deh?

Comment

Forget the pictures. Mi waan hear bout di arguments

Comment

Originally posted by Peasie View Post
          Forget the pictures. Mi waan hear bout di arguments
          dat is none a yuh dyam business

Comment

I have only been to Egypt but my sister and a friend have been to Ghana. I have a cousin who married a Nigerian man. I heard that at the time she did this, it was so unusual for a Jamaican to marry an African that the Gleaner covered the story and their wedding. She raised her 3 boys in Nigeria. Her husband has passed away but she still lives there.

I have a cousin who has retired in Ghana and who has actually connected with our LONG distant cousins over there. Long story. It was great to trace our roots, something I have been trying to do for a long time. There is a global family reunion every year and I am going to try to make it.

I need to visit while these older cousins are still with us.

Comment

Originally posted by SandiF View Post
              Africa is such a big continent and full of surprises... I haven't been to all countries in Africa but the few that I've travelled are always the same good vibes...the people... the food is always the best... the music, and always "hey there Jamaican woman". How Africans in different part of the continent seem to know that I'm from Jamaica? Still a mystery.

It was off to Morocco, then Ghana, then back to Morocco... took a segue crossing the land border to Ceuta, back to Morocco, then spent last few days in France. A trip of adventure, the gastronomy... lots of eating... the wine... too much sleeping, then staying up late all night... arguments between two hot headed people, the compromises... it takes one smile and then the laughter.... so much of it... crazy immigration officers :scary: ... the cold weather was a bit too much.

I'm home, back to my comfort, my family, my job, daily runnings of life and the things that are home.

The end.
              Did u see the women porters at the border between Ceuta and Morroco ?
              What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
              If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

The border to/from Morocco-Ceuta was a cacophany of noise.. People yelling, car horns blaring and engines revving ... it was mass confusion. I saw a few Moroccan women bent way over walking across the border with heavy duty bags strapped to their backs. The way how people were scrambling to either get in or out gave the impression there was a shut-down period to enter/leave either countries but I finally understood that the women porters (they call them "mule women") make 2 and more trips in one day.

Originally posted by Wahalla View Post
                Did u see the women porters at the border between Ceuta and Morroco ?

Comment

Sounds like Coronation market or how Parade used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post
                    I have only been to Egypt but my sister and a friend have been to Ghana. I have a cousin who married a Nigerian man. I heard that at the time she did this, it was so unusual for a Jamaican to marry an African that the Gleaner covered the story and their wedding. She raised her 3 boys in Nigeria. Her husband has passed away but she still lives there.

I have a cousin who has retired in Ghana and who has actually connected with our LONG distant cousins over there. Long story. It was great to trace our roots, something I have been trying to do for a long time. There is a global family reunion every year and I am going to try to make it.

I need to visit while these older cousins are still with us.
                    Awww...so you do have a soft side?
                    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
                    ~ Anon

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X