Announcement

Collapse

Boardite Facebook Group

Hi All

For those boardites who are facebook we have a Boardite Facebook Group. Be sure to check it out.
See more
See less

black historee month

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tropicana View Post
    I am confused. You have his photo for your avatar yet you don't support Black History Month. How is Black History Month hurting black people.

who is "his"?
    i'm pretty sure you don't have the slightest clue who my avatar is..
    and it certainly isn't carter g. woodson---a great man also;
    Last edited by jah_yout; 02-09-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jah_yout View Post
      who is "his"?
      Thought it was my coz superman...
      What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
      If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

Comment

Originally posted by blugiant View Post
        peeps sumthyme ask y mii bunn fiyah pon certain blakks ann mii tell dem blakk peeps need fe critiques sum aff da so-called blakk heroes. sum aff dem blakks were sellout ann need cawl dem out
        That does not take away from their contributions. Human beings are flawed. I we expect perfection, we will never recognize contributions by anyone.

Comment

who is "his"?
          cah mii neva putt joel augustus rogers doan mean mii natt aware aff imm contreebuteshans
          I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
          Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

Comment

the reality is that we have not evolved beyond the point of viewing yourselves in the context of white supremacy or of being mental infants...
            we can't seem to envision a world where your so-called 'oyinbo' is not our master...
            you see, in a world where 'the man' is not your master there is no need for something as absurd as 'black history month' because you study so-called black history all year every year---

the mental slave needs a reminder every year that he should study his own history---at least for a month anyway;

even all these decades after marcus garvey and bob marley tell unnu fi emancipate thyself from mental slavery, unnu waah come uphold the mental slavery ting...

haffi bun out all weak-out conception
            wipe dem outta creation
            intarestinn pint butt doo moas blakk yuths studee blakk yuths ear rund? so wear iss da evolution aff da mental slaves yuh chattinn bout since peeps ar runninn away fram being blakk?

tell mii wear iss da blakk owned schools dat teach blakk hstaree ear rund? da realitee iss iff blakk yuths were taught blakk histaree ear rund itt wood increase dem racial pride ann improve dem educational achievement.

da realitee iss yuh chattinn theories widdout da infastructure inn place to mekk wat yuh chattinn bout a possible realitee. da qwestian iss oww doo yuh move blakk yuths to da state aff iigha mental evolution yuh chattinn bout

yuh doan find itt strange dat so far mii doan poas nun aff da blakk inventors cah da realitee iss dat moas aff dem inventions enriched oyinbo natt blakks

wurds widdout deeds sinntings

da state aff canciousness yuh inn determine wat yuh can do. or do yuh cantrol yuh canciousness iss such a way fe use yuh canciousness fe solve da problems
            Last edited by blugiant; 02-09-2014, 08:39 PM.
            I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
            Marcus Garvey

Comment

That does not take away from their contributions. Human beings are flawed. I we expect perfection, we will never recognize contributions by anyone.
              yess itt does cah sum aff dem peeps sold out blakk peeps ann cantreebute to da continue mental slaveree ann secand class citizenship aff blakks.

thirty peeceess peeps sum aff dem
              Marcus Garvey

Comment

Coudl have fooled me.

Comment

yess itt does cah sum aff dem peeps sold out blakk peeps ann cantreebute to da continue mental slaveree ann secand class citizenship aff blakks.

thirty peeceess peeps sum aff dem
                  Name me one so-called hero of ANY race who didn't sell out in some way as you call it?

Comment

Maggie Walker,

Bank On It

http://img.timeinc.net/time/2007/bla...gie_walker.jpg

The daughter of ex-slaves, Walker was born in 1867 and raised in poverty. The family lived in an alley house supported by wages from taking in laundry. A gifted student, Walker finished high school at 16 and began teaching, only to work for the St. Luke organization, which later promoted her to executive secretary. While with St. Luke, she helped it to establish a newspaper, a printing press, an insurance company and a college educational fund. But at the same time, she saw that few if any blacks knew much about finance and investing, and none of them could get loans from white-owned banks. So she set out to convince the community that their money should be pooled and lent out as a savings trust.

In 1903 she convinced those who would listen to her to bring together about $9,400 and opened the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank, becoming the first woman of any race to preside over a savings institution at a time when only a handful of women held power in corporations. "We need a savings bank," she said. "Chartered, offered and run by the men and women of this order. Let us have a bank that will take nickels and turn them into dollars."

Along with Madame C.J. Walker (no relation), who was born the same year, she championed the cause of self-sufficient economic empowerment for African Americans. She joined the popular call of black leaders of the day advocating entrepreneurship as a path to true social freedom.

Bank customers deposited a nickel a week into their accounts, and the assets continued to multiply. By 1913, the bank had collected $300,000 in assets. By 1920, it had helped to purchase 600 homes. In 1929 the Great Depression struck, crippling financial institutions nationwide. But St. Luke Savings had enough in holdings to absorb all the other local black-owned banks and become Consolidated Bank and Trust, holding assets of $400,000. The bank is still headquartered in Richmond today.
                    Marcus Garvey

Comment

the reality is that we have not evolved beyond the point of viewing yourselves in the context of white supremacy or of being mental infants...
                      we can't seem to envision a world where your so-called 'oyinbo' is not our master...
                      you see, in a world where 'the man' is not your master there is no need for something as absurd as 'black history month' because you study so-called black history all year every year---

the mental slave needs a reminder every year that he should study his own history---at least for a month anyway;

even all these decades after marcus garvey and bob marley tell unnu fi emancipate thyself from mental slavery, unnu waah come uphold the mental slavery ting...

haffi bun out all weak-out conception
                      wipe dem outta creation

Dr. Amos Wilson - The Falsification of African Consciousness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mysi4flNEI
                      Marcus Garvey

Comment

Coudl have fooled me.

that wouldn't be too hard...

we all look alike eeh?

Comment

that wouldn't be too hard...

we all look alike eeh?

Comment

intarestinn pint butt doo moas blakk yuths studee blakk yuths ear rund? so wear iss da evolution aff da mental slaves yuh chattinn bout since peeps ar runninn away fram being blakk?

tell mii wear iss da blakk owned schools dat teach blakk hstaree ear rund? da realitee iss iff blakk yuths were taught blakk histaree ear rund itt wood increase dem racial pride ann improve dem educational achievement.

da realitee iss yuh chattinn theories widdout da infastructure inn place to mekk wat yuh chattinn bout a possible realitee. da qwestian iss oww doo yuh move blakk yuths to da state aff iigha mental evolution yuh chattinn bout

yuh doan find itt strange dat so far mii doan poas nun aff da blakk inventors cah da realitee iss dat moas aff dem inventions enriched oyinbo natt blakks

wurds widdout deeds sinntings

da state aff canciousness yuh inn determine wat yuh can do. or do yuh cantrol yuh canciousness iss such a way fe use yuh canciousness fe solve da problems
                            well right now ones can't leave it up to the public schools to give i and i yutes their cultural education...it is folly to expect one's enemy to educate one on life;
                            so "black" people will have to shake off the mental slavery which includes slave concepts like "black history month" and find a way to educate their young ones independent of the school shytstem or the beast-corporate-controlled media & television...or perish;
                            this will be hard as the level of consciousness and pride among "black" people is at an all-time low;
                            white-worship is at an all-time high...with no signs of slowing down--
                            so the soldiers will have to fight in order to bring in an environment where the beast can be resisted and the people receive true education

Comment

you need a nose

Comment

you need a nose

Comment

Welcome to vBulletin!

Collapse

Welcome to your vBulletin forum! You can click "Edit Site" above for site administration options.

ads

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X