Most people use jalapeno peppers with there salsa. We dear you to try one of the worlds hottest peppers with your mango salsa. Our Hot Scotch Bonnet Mango Salsa is an easy to make appetizer with an extra bang for “spicy” lovers.
- 1 large firm ripe mango, peeled seeded and diced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 Salt Teaspoon (use less or more based on your taste)
- ¼ Red Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss with lime juice.
- Leave the mixture at room temperature for 40 minutes before serving.
- Taste before serving. If it is too spicy or acidic add a little sugar.
- Place the left over scotch bonnet Salsa in the refrigerator. It can be used with fish or for sandwiches.