How do I get my money in civil court after criminal case?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I won the case at criminal court, but I never did get my money. The judge didnt order it. What do I need to get my money back?

RESPONSE: Dear Clement,
Clement, as was mentioned before you can visit the Civil court and be guided. You now ask what you need. It would prove helpful if you have a document testifying of your claim that you won so to speak.
Visit the records office at the criminal court, and ask them for a results letter.
This letter will give exact detail of what happened in court. So give them your name and a copy of your id. Fill in the form they will give to you and then they will tell you when to collect the letter. That letter is then to be taken to civil court to assist you in your case.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more