Jackfruit casserole is delicious and a great vegan main dish. The flavor of the jackfruit it is enhanced by the addition of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese in this special recipe. The jackfruit is a very healthy fruit. It is loaded with numerous vitamins & minerals which are shown to has cancer-fighting properties. When the fleshy part (the “bulb”) is cooked it is similar in texture to chicken or crab meat.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp onion, minced
- ½ grated nutmeg
- 1 cups green jackfruit flesh, cooked
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Blend in mayonnaise and cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir in the onion, cheese, nutmeg and jackfruit flesh.
- Place mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake 45 minutes. Serves 4.