Man from abandoned building refuses to leave

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
Almost 5 years after the land and an abandoned building on it got sold to my uncle, but, the man in the abandoned building refuses to come out. I just dont know how he got there, but he was left there for years and now we cant remove him. My uncle says he wants me to get him out and I need help. The police says they cant just go and kick him off.

RESPONSE: Dear Mara,
Your uncle has to give you proper authority to represent him. Once you have that, give the man a notice and proceed to the court where you will get a summons.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information.


For non attorney services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, follow ups) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.