Advice & Help

My mom is ‘out-of-it’ at 91, help me transfer title for Jamaica land to me please!


I am having a HUGE problem.. Please hear me out and see how you can assist. My mom is over here with me and she is 91. She is totally out of it.She had asked me to look over her property and we have a tenant living there. I cant find her tax papers anywhere nor the title. I want to sort the title in my name, as there are no other children.

Yvette Barona

RESPONSE: Dear Yvette,

Evidently research is needed before we can go on. Our team of legal legworkers can assist you for a fee. We’ll contact you by email so you understand our fees structure for the stages. The tax information needs to be researched before information on the title is pulled up.

Additionally you say your mother is ‘out-of-it’. Do you have legal authority to act on her behalf if she does not have the capacity to act for herself. Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Legal Wiz

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here