I need to report that primary school teacher

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I live in the US and cannot come out. My daughter attends a primary school in Jamaica and she tells me a lot of things that’s going on in her class. The person who she is staying with sent me some photos where the teacher is beating my daughter till she is black and blue. I thought those days in school were done. Anyway, a complaint was made and the school is doing nothing. I found out that other parents are complaining and at one time even the police came, but the principal managed to hold it down. The teacher is being protected because she has been at that school for over ten loyal years. Who can I turn to?
Marianna Garth

RESPONSE: Dear Marianna,
When the school usually does nothing, parents are encouraged to take their issues to the school’s board, before going to the Ministry of Education. However, it is being suggested that you contact the child Development agency as well. Make sure you gather enough proof and encourage your child not to be shy and definitely to always be polite and respectful to the teacher until you as an adult deal with it.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more


  • Jamaica Legal Wiz

    A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here

    View all posts