Advice & Help

I need my son’s wife to leave my son and my house

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My son brought his wife into the room I gave him She knows I do not like her because I never went to the wedding. She and her children are rude to me when I am in Jamaica, and I need her to go. I told my son to stay without the children as they remind me of her, and I know she brought them up to hate me.

RESPONSE: Dear Sophie,
You need to go in and have a long talk with an attorney to examine some options to resolving the real issues you are having with the daughter-in-law. A few can be recommended along with the legal aid clinics. It seems you are trying to use the Court to break up your son’s marriage which seems impossible. Then again if you successfully put her out, the son will go and then there will be another drama created.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information.


For non attorney services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, follow ups) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here