- 3 lbs. Yam Teaspoon
- Salt or a small piece Salt fish (cod fish)
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Put gloves on your hand as touching raw can will irritate the skin and cause it to itch. If you do not have gloves rub oil on your hands.
- Boil water in pot on a high fire.
- Peel the skin off the yam. The peel should be approximately ¼ inch
- Cut yam in small serving portions
- Rinse the pieces in cold water.
- Place the salt or salt fish in the boiling water
- Add the pieces of yam
- Cook for approximately 32 minutes until tender
- Serve warm