Most Jamaican grannies would argue that modern medicine is not nearly as effective as ole time remedies. Jamaican grannies have a cure for everything. Some of you won’t publicly admit it but you still do some of these ridiculous things no matter how they make you feel after. While some of them do work, Granny may have exaggerated their potency and effectiveness.
Here are 10 Ridiculous Ole Time Jamaican Remedies.
- Putting bissy (cola nut) on a cut or wound.
- Taking a “sea bath” for the flu or cold. A head to toe dip in the sea is said to cure a flu or cold.
- Tipping white rum in the middle of your “mole” (head) after washing your hair
- Drinking bissy or mint tea for every ailment.
- Putting newspaper in your clothes on your chest to prevent vomiting on a long trip
- Putting “jeyes/jaze” on a wound to pull out the splinter
- Putting male urine in your eye to cure an eye infection
- Drinking various rodent soups to cure whooping cough
- Drinking ganja tea to cure every type of ailment
- Putting a Leaf from the “leaf of life plant ” on your head to cure a headache
- BONUS: Drinking a teaspoon of Kerosine oil already used from lamp to cure colic