We recently caught up with Kaci Fennell, Miss Universe Jamaica 2014 . Kaci was a fan favorite at the Miss Universe 2014 pageant where she placed as the 4th runner-up, giving Jamaica its first placement since 2010 and its second Top 5 placement after 2010. Here are 10 things you did not know about Kaci Fennell.
1. What is one thing people would be surprised that you know how to do?
That I can cook! When I say this to persons it is like they can’t believe it
2. What books are you reading these days?
Funny Girl: A Novel by Nick Hornby
3. Other than Jamaica, if you were given a 10 day all expense vacation where would you go…
Italy! Explore it’s beautiful historic sites as well as enjoy their cuisine 😀
4. The movie you watch when you need a good laugh…
Just Go With It with Jennifer Aniston & Adam Sandler
The book, movie or song that changed your life?
Zen and the Art of Happiness, made positivity reign over my life
6. Your favorite item of clothing is…
Little black dress, easy to dress up and down
7. A song you can hear a billion times and never get sick of…
Circles by Kerwin du bois, always get excited when I hear it
8. If you could tell yourself something 10 years ago what would it be?
Keep smiling no matter what you’re going through, take everything as a blessing or a lesson
9. Your mother was right about…
Everything …. haha
10. How has your life changed after the Miss Universe pageant?
In every aspect it has changed, a lot more people know my name, going to the supermarket takes much longer than usual. But it has also opened so many doors for me, the opportunities are endless.
About the Author
Lindell Douglas, is the co-founder and one of the organizers of Miss Jamaica Diaspora Pageant. Where the winner is a automatic finalist in the Miss Universe Jamaica Pageant. The Coronation of Miss Jamaica Diaspora 2015 will be in Miramar, FL on June 21, 2015.