Books4Kids Jamaica announced today that its 5th Annual Online Charity Auction is set to go live on Thursday April 28, 2016. Amazing vacation steals up for grabs include more than 100 items such as roundtrip airline tickets, luxury cruises, restaurant experiences, electronics and luxury items, golf and kitesurfing adventures and hotel stays in Jamaica, Italy, Malta, Dubai, Spain, Thailand, UK and the U.S.
Long term sponsor GoldenEye is supporting this year’s charity auction with a romantic 4 day/ 3 nights weekend stay in one of its brand new beachfront cottages. Said Chris Blackwell, Founder of Island Outpost; “Growing up in Jamaica, I feel a deep responsibility to supporting the community and have made it a priority to give back to the people of the island. I am proud to support Books4Kids as it’s important to provide children with the resources needed to continue to grow their education. Literacy is one of the most important skills a youth can possess and lays the foundation for a successful future.”
Some of the fabulous items on this year’s “virtual auction block” for charity include;
- Fantastic stays for two at luxury Jamaican hideaways in Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios including GoldenEye, Jamaica Inn, Half Moon Hotel and Round Hill Hotel
- All-inclusive stays at luxurious north-coast hotels including Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, Jewel Runaway Bay Beach & Golf Resort, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall Beach & Spa, Couples Negril Resort, Secrets St. James, Melia Braco Village, Hyatt Zilara & Ziva Rose Hall, Hilton Rose Hall and Sunscape Resorts.
- 7 night all-inclusive European Wine River Cruise for two
- 7 night luxury ski vacation in 3-bedroom luxury condo in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, US
- Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airway, Condor and Caribbean Airlines flights
- 7 night stay for two at the Manhattan Club, New York
- 12-day all-inclusive Cruise for two on Holland America Line and 5-day Carnival Cruise for two, both to the Destination of your Choice
- Luxury hotel stays in Bali, Dubai, Germany, Italy, Malta, Thailand, Spain, UK and US
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge mobile phone
- Golf rounds, kitesurfing lessons, adventures, phone, luxury watches and restaurant experiences
With 12 Kingston schools on last year’s distribution list, Books4Kids Jamaica hopes to expand its book distributions in the inner city areas of Kingston providing the fundraising effort allows. Kingston hotels that have supported Books4Kids Jamaica for several years include 5 year sponsors Spanish Court Hotel. Said General Manager Imelda Chin; “The Spanish Court Hotel is committed to nation building and as such, we are happy to aid initiatives that are aligned to doing so. Education is integral to the growth and development of our country. The Books4Kids Jamaica program provides the opportunity for corporate Jamaica to become more involved in educating our future generation. We commend this program and wishes the foundation continued success.”
Live online from April 28 – May 7, 2016, the Online Charity Auction is the main fundraiser for Books4Kids Jamaica’s annual book distribution in September 2016. Featuring secure Stripe & PayPal payment services, participants can bid on amazing vacation steals online or with mobile devices from anywhere in the world via the charityauctionstoday.com online platform. The chance to pick up a great deal in the name of charity is yours until 11:00 pm Jamaican time (12:00 pm EDT – New York) on Saturday May 7th, 2016.
The charity will celebrate the last hours of the 2016 with a Charity Auction Party at Usain Bolt’s Track & Records, Kingston on May 7th, with party goers being able to engage in the bidding with mobile devices while watching live bids from all over the world come in on the screens. Spirit Airlines has generously donated return airline tickets for two valued at US$1,000 to be raffled at the party. Raffle tickets cost JMD500 and may be purchased at Fontana Pharmacies island-wide, at Usain Bolt’s Track & Records or at Books4Kids Jamaica’s office in Half Moon Shopping Village 14-15, Montego Bay. Ticket holders DO NOT need to be present at the event to claim their prize. For more information on online bidding or raffling tickets or to donate items, please visit www.books4kidsjamaica.com or call Frank Perolli on (+1876) 383 4652.
1) For a link to the auction visit www.books4kidsjamaica.com and click on “2016 Online Auction”
2) Direct auction link