Jamaican Cherry Juice is a refreshing drink and is a “Sunday Dinner” favorite. The Jamaican cherries are low in carbohydrates. They are packed with vitamin C, vitamin A, and folate. Enjoy my Jamaican Cherry Juice Recipe.
- 1-quart ripe Jamaican cherries
- 2 ½ quart water
- 1 lime (lemon)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup red syrup
- Puree cherry in a blender/food processor
- Pour through a strainer into a container
- Keep juice & discard pulp in a strainer
- Squeeze lime into juice
- Add syrup & mix
- And sugar mix (add more or less sugar based on your taste)
- Best served with crushed ice
- Serves 6-8
Don’t have any Jamaican cherries? You can buy a Jamaican Cherry tree online at Amazon. The Scientific name for Jamaican Cherries is Muntingia calabura.