This delicious Jamaican Chinese Simple Blue Crab Recipe is a great choice for seafood lovers. I am sure this will be one of your favorite crab recipes for years to come. Enjoy!!!
- Fresh blue crabs
- ½ cup cornstarch
- Place crabs in boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Clean and trim, then cut into halves.
- Place cornstarch in plastic zip-lock bag, and add crabs 2-3 at a time, shaking to coat.
- Shake off excess cornstarch and brown in wok or frying pan.
- Drain and arrange crabs on serving disk.
- Serve with sauce.
Ingredients for sauce
- Garlic, 1-2 cloves or to taste
- 2 ½ -inch pieces of ginger, finely shredded
- 2 ½ -inch piece s of scallion, white part finely shredded
- Teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce, stock or water
- Cornstarch for thickening
- Oil for frying
- Press the garlic.
- Stir fry garlic, ginger, and scallion in a wok or fry pan.
- Add enough teriyaki, oyster sauce, stock or water to create sufficient sauce.
- Add enough cornstarch to achieve sauce consistency.