Jamaicans love punch, and one of the most popular punches is Guinness Punch. The beverage is made in many different ways – so there’s room for you to tweak it to your taste – but to start, try the following traditional recipe. Which is sweet, bitter, refreshing and nourishing – all at once! The punch is similar to Irish Moss and was also introduced to the island by the Irish. It is often used as a remedy for men and women who are seeking more “vigor,” as it is thought to raise your energy level.
Jamaican Guinness Punch
- 1 12-ounce bottle of Guinness Stout
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- Beat the egg, the put the Guinness, the beaten egg, and the condensed milk into a blender.
- Mix until well blended Pour the mixture into a jug and add the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir gently. Cover the jug and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve cold.