Advice & Help

How do we know who to serve for the Jamaica business?

Businessplace - who to serve

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
Hi, my brother and I are naturalised Jamaicans. We bought a property through our company from a bank auction. We found out that there are persons running business on the property and we need to build our warehouse.
We need to know who owns the Jamaica business so that we can give them notice. The lawyers helped us to buy the property but we are on our own to get rid of the business people there.

Businessplace - who to serve in Jamaica business

RESPONSE: Dear Sharma,
You seem timid to approach the occupants carrying out Jamaica business on your newly acquired property. You can either send a private investigator to do the research, or go to the Registrar of Companies office and seek the information on the business and owners/ directors operating in your premises.
Legal wiz

Useful links:
Two Defendants, one in Jamaica – how do I serve


The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here