I need my house but order in Jamaica for eviction expired

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My order for eviction expired.
Just over a year now I had gotten a court order to get back my house. I left soon after and could not follow through on the order. I heard that after six months the order expires. The man is still in my property and even now refuses to pay me any money. Just there free enjoying everything. He doesnt even pay bills. I need my house and maybe I will even lock it up.

RESPONSE: Dear Shoya,
Its true that orders expire. However with the help of a good attorney you can refresh your order to recover the place. You can also get assistance to sue for monies for months he remains there, even after the order. The lawyer can assist you to do a contract and monitor the payment.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more