Advice & Help

I need my sons wife out of my house, my life with an order

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I never supported my son’s wedding. My son’s wife is crazy and I need her out of my house. She has been so rude and obnoxious. I gave her a notice, and my son is getting ready to leave, but he does not have a job. Neither of them work, but they have children and she does not want them to stay at my house, without her. Obviously, they will never get divorced.

RESPONSE: Dear Miriam,
An interesting case to research. Chances are the son will leave if the wife goes. You may need to go to court if your son’s wife does not want to leave and the son is encouraging her to stay. The Judge could order mediation and at mediation you arrive at some solutions together. Otherwise the Judge’s ruling may be harsh on everyone.
If you are adamant that you need the children, you may be caught up in multiple court hearings.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to [email protected] to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more

About the author

Jamaica Legal Wiz

A network of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law), journalism. Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public. Link me here