- 2 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups + likle bit of water
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 7 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Flour for rolling out bulla
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in water,add ginger,margarine and vanilla.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and combine with liquid- gradually
- Dough must be clammy and heavy. place on floured board and dust with flour until dough is manageable.
- Roll out to a thickness of .75cm and cut into slices
- Bake in a 375 degree oven until done 20-25 mins