Our Caribbean Spicy Okra Recipe is perfect of for a meatless meal. Even if you are not a fan of okras you will enjoy the taste of this seasoned dish.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 (28 ounces) cans tomatoes (diced)
- 2 medium onions, (chopped coarsely)
- 1 lb. medium okra (cut)
- 2 habanero chile (use scotch bonnet if you would like it spicer)
- Rinse the okra in a strainer.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Saute the onions till its golden (for around three min).
- Add the tomatoes, juices, and the chile. Stir and bring it to boil. Keep heating until the tomatoes become soft and the liquid decreases by half (usually takes five to ten min).
- Add okra to the skillet. Stir carefully till the okra has become soft (usually at least five min).
- Add pepper and salt by stirring them in. Then remove the chile.
- Serve warm.