Effective January 1st 2008, all passports are been issued at the Immigration Department, Police Headquarters, in Roseau, Dominica. The new passport is a Machine Readable CARICOM passport that conforms to international standards. The regular colour is Blue and it will replace those currently in circulation.
Your best option is to have the Dominica Consulate, New York Office, assist you with the processing of your new CARICOM passport. Applications for new passports are sent to Dominica on a weekly basis and the return courier fee of US $50.00 is the responsibility of the applicant. That amount can be paid in cash to the Dominica Consulate or by postal money order made out to the Dominica Mission to the UN.
An interview is required for ANY first time applicant or for ANY applicant replacing the old British passport.
Renewal of an Expired Passport
Call the Consulate General at 212-599 8478 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 212-599 8478 end_of_the_skype_highlighting to request the passport form or
Download at Passport Form (Courtesy thedominican.net)
Once you have obtained the form, Complete the Passport Application Form. Please pay special attention to bullet point F and 9 on the form. (Ensure that section 8 is notarized and section 9 is recommended and dated clearly.)
These are the items that must be submitted with the completed Passport Application Form:
1. Old Passport
2. Two (2) Passport-sized photographs. One must be endorsed by the recommender. (Ensure that your shoulders are covered and that your facial expression does not show your teeth.)
3. Application fee of EC$100.00/US$40.00 payable to: Dominica Consulate
4. Original Birth Certificate and a copy (your original will be returned with your new passport)
• Return courier fee of US $50.00 payable to: Dominica Mission to the UN
5. Letter of Authorization (This letter has to be notarized).
Replacement of Lost or Damaged Passport
1. Make a Police report to Police Headquarters, Immigration Department in Roseau by calling 1-767-448-2222. THIS MUST BE DONE.
2. Call the Consulate General at 212-599-8478 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 212-599-8478 end_of_the_skype_highlighting and request a Lost Passport Application Form. In addition to the passport form, a Statutory Declaration Form will be attached. This also had to be filled out and notarized.
If you are making personal arrangements to replace your lost passport, please note that: Someone must collect a Report from the Police Headquarters to take to the Treasury along with US$192.31 (EC$500.00) Penalty fee and Passport fee of US$40.00 (EC$100.00).
These are the items that must be submitted with the completed Passport Application Form and notorized Statutory Declaration Form:
(a) Receipts from the Treasury
(b) Completed Passport Application Form (section 8 notarized and section 9 recommended)
(c) Original Birth Certificate (copies are not acceptable)
(d) Two (2) Passport-sized photographs. One MUST be endorsed by the recommender. (Ensure that your shoulders are covered and that your facial expression does not show your teeth.)
(e) Completed Statutory Declaration (This form MUST be Notarized)
(f) Original Birth Certificate and a copy (your original will be returned with your new passport) or Notarized copies of supporting documents must be submitted. E.g. Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll
(g) Letter of Authorization (This letter MUST be notarized)
PLEASE NOTE ALSO:
Section 8 on the passport application must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public and the Seal of the notary public must be affixed as closely as possible.
Section 9 on the passport application may be a non national, who must clearly indicate his/her profession and how long he/she knows the applicant. He/she must also attach his/her office stamp.