I bake a Banana Bread at least once a month as bananas are always in my fruit basket. As soon as the bananas go soft (overripe) I make either Jamaican Banana Fritters or a Banana Bread. Enjoy my Banana Bread Recipe.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
- Cream the shortening, sugar, & salt.
- Add beaten eggs, flour, baking soda, banana, nutmeg & vanilla.
- Mix all the ingredients vigorously
- Grease bread shaped pan
- Pour the batter in the container
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until done
- The recipe serves 8 people
- Best with coffee
Photo Source: Xavier Murphy, 123RF