Tropical Coconut Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg — slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup firmly packed, flaked coconut
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper and gently pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In small bowl, place egg, water, salt and pepper; stir to mix well.
- In shallow dish, place coconut.
- Dredge chicken, first in egg mixture, then in coconut, pressing to coat well.
- In large non-stick frypan, place olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook