- 3 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled, deveined (may leave tail portion on)
- half a medium papaya, chopped into 1/2″ chunks (can use a bit more or less if you desire)
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Sauté garlic and onion. Once sautéed, add papaya and thyme, stir until papaya just begins to get mushy.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and then sauté shrimp in the same saucepan (with a little more butter) for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, add the papaya/garlic/onion mixture back in for another 5 minutes on low heat till shrimp is cooked.
- Serve over rice or with noodles.