Jackass Corn is a thin crisp traditional Jamaican biscuit that is a popular sweet treat due to the easily accessible ingredients. The biscuit is baked tough. Many say the biscuit derived it name Jackass corn because it is tough and stubborn like a jackass (donkey).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store.
- Mix all ingredients and knead until the dough is formed.
- Spread flour on a pastry board.
- Roll the dough out thin on the pastry board.
- Cut into 2-inch squares or circles and place on a greased baking tin or sheets.
- Heat oven to 375F and back for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- The biscuits will become crisp when cool.