Home cooking is all about simple and easy preparation. Busy cooks will welcome this recipe for fried king fish, which requires just three ingredients! Its basic simplicity allows for additional creativity to be on show with your choice of favorite sauce. Favored by my grandmother, this dish is perfect for anyone who likes to enjoy great food, but maybe isn’t that fond of spending time in the kitchen!
- King Fish, preferably fillets
- Oil for cooking
- Salt and Black Pepper, as per taste
- Rinse the fish well with some lemon juice and vinegar followed by running water.
- With the help of a paper towel or tea towel, soak the excess water from the fish and dry it.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the pat dry fish and rub them all over it. Refrigerate it for an hour or so.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat and pour some cooking oil in it, sufficient enough to deep fry the fish.
- As the oil becomes hot, put the fish in it and let it fry. Flip it carefully and fry from other side as well.
- Once the fish is fried from both sides, remove it from the pan and place it over a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with Jamaican escovitch sauce.