Jamaican Chicken Foot Soup is a traditional Saturday soup enjoyed by all. This is quick one-pot meal features pumpkins, carrots, yellow yam, Irish potatoes, cho cho and more. It is a quick and easy recipe to to follow. Feel free to let us know the outcome of the recipe.
- 3 qt. water
- 2 lb. chicken foot (Skinned and nails cut-off)
- 1/2 lb. carrots, cubed
- 6 Pimento Seeds/Berries (Allspice)
- 1/4 lb. turnips, cubed
- 3 Garlic pegs crushed
- 1 lb. Pumpkin/Squash (cut up into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 lb. cho cho/Christophine (cut up into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 lb. yellow yam, cut up
- 3 sprig thyme
- 2 stalks escallion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 packet Jamaican Chicken Noodle or Cock Soup
- 1 Medium Irish Potato (optional)
- 3 stalks of celery diced (optional)
- 3 stalks of corn broken in half (optional)
Get our recipes on your mobile phone. Buy our iPhone or Android Recipe App. Buy the cook book “Simple Jamaican Cooking”. Looking for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning Shop Now in our online store.
- Boil chicken foot in 3 qts. water for 20 minutes with pumpkin, cho cho, pimentos, garlic and salt
- Cut up vegetables, yam and cho cho and add with the other ingredients to the pot
- Dumplings/spinners may be added if desired.
- Simmer for ½ hour until yam is cooked (soft but not mushy) and the soup is of a medium consistency.
- Serves 6