Can my grandmom get Jamaica title as only surviving child without the other grandchildren interfering?

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,

My grandmother wants to get a title for a property left to her and her sisters by her dad. She alone has been paying the taxes and now the children of her other siblings (who are all deceased) wish to claim what their mothers were to get. Can she get the title without any problems?

Roger Gustav


RESPONSE: Dear Roger

Thanks for writing in. Your grandmom can apply and obtain for the title, however as the children of her siblings would be beneficiaries, she would need to make provision for them. It is recommended that you contract the services of an attorney to assist you and your grandmother, especially to avoid complications which can arise.

Legal Wiz